• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1955 Fender Esquire...this one is a rocker!!!

DougDR94

It switches in & out different tone filters. One position is raw, stright pick up, tone, volume. Another position adds a capacitor, for more bass, & the last gives it more of a mid focus.... I believe.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Nice feature - Leo Fender always kept players in mind.

Fried okra

Great Pics CD. '50s Tele's and Esquires are like "Crack" to me. :biggrin:

lpnv59

All Access/Backstage Pass
Awesome! Need to christen it by playing some appropriate Yardbirds covers on it.....REALLY you need to do that!:dude: :laugh2:

Rev.WillieVK

It switches in & out different tone filters. One position is raw, stright pick up, tone, volume. Another position adds a capacitor, for more bass, & the last gives it more of a mid focus.... I believe.

AFAIK
Towards knob: straight pickup, no tone control
Middle: pickup with tone control, less 'raw'
Towards neck: added filters make the sound bass-y, like a thumpy surf or standup bass when clean? I call it the 'mud' setting.

Xpensive Wino

drooling-gif-tumblr-i11.gif

DSC_6913-X2.jpg

DSC_6940-X2.jpg

DSC_6942-X2.jpg

DSC_6945-X2.jpg

DSC_6946-X2.jpg

DSC_6919-X2.jpg

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Awesome! Need to christen it by playing some appropriate Yardbirds covers on it.....REALLY you need to do that!:dude: :laugh2:

Indeed! I could only find a video of Jeff miming it with his 'Burst, so here's Paging "Over Under Sideways Down" on his Tele: :yah

66SuperTremMKIV

Leo was a genius. Don't get more honest than that. A Tele straight into an old Tweed....... The Truth ! :dude:

sonar

What is with Texas and awesome vintage guitars?

Congrats, a dream guitar for sure.

J.D.

Very cool FO. Love that "Broadcaster" decal :jim

57gold

Badass guitar and photos...my one unfulfilled guitar desire has been to own and play an Esquire.

Have owned two 1950s Teles.

Searched for years for a light weight, relatively clean blackguard Esquire with a "P90 in disguise" pick up.

Maybe some day I'll find her.

agogetr

charley is that the little rectangle brass parker logo? or is it a sticker? love to see a shot of that!

agogetr

CD, I recently joined the Parker Music Co. club. :salude

theres the sticker! i have a few old amps with this, it looks like metal but i suppose not. parker must have slung a lot of gear back then! that broadcaster..whoa