• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Best Low Wattage Tweed Amp Recommendations

The Real MC

I own a tweed Harvard - it may be 10w but it is not what I call "low volume", she's a loud little bugger!!!

Mr. Big

Whino,
maybe a dumb question, but with the Les Lius....what amp are you playing it thru?
i have a Tweed Vibroverb and a few black face amps, but I am looking for the sound for my son while away at college. No vintage for the dorm room.

Xpensive Wino

Whino,
maybe a dumb question, but with the Les Lius....what amp are you playing it thru?
i have a Tweed Vibroverb and a few black face amps, but I am looking for the sound for my son while away at college. No vintage for the dorm room.

I've used it with everything from various Marshalls to tweed Fenders to a Palmer Eins through a Fender 1/12 cab to a Yamaha THX. Amp needs to be set clean, volume can be any level, really.Even works well with headphones.

For a dorm I'd look at the Yamaha THX.

B Ingram

image_zpso9ofzjuo.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpsooqilfrk.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG] More pictures, first I've seen will a schematic and dust cover! Sahweet....

Do you have a scan of that schematic? I *think* I make out everything well enough, but it would be helpful for later reference.

I just picked up a ~'51 Supro Spectator, but the circuit matches a different schematic published online for these.

I note the one I've got stays quite clean essentially all the way up. I'd wondered if that was because it didn't have the grid-leak input stage of your amp (or the 5B2 Princeton). I'm considering switching over to what your schematic shows (as well as maybe using the Princeton's tone control circuit in this amp).

So I'm a little curious about your impressions.