• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

my home made Les Paul-ish guitar project

4pie

me and a friend worked on that during the winter, it is still a work in progress as money and technical problems stopped us but I sure like how it looks already.
the neck comes from an old guitar i wasnt using anymore as we plan on building one from scratch next winter.
the bridge is home made also but its a bit rough and tends to snap the high e string after a while so i have to work on that also.

the electronics are a volume knob and a blend pot which makes you move from more neck or more bridge so you don't have a tone knob but you can brighten it by moving it to the bridge or darken it by moving to the neck. i based myself on the way people use a les paul junior to emulate the neck pickup tho this time you really do have a neck pickup. the last hole is going to be a boost knob a bit like the clapton signature strat.

I call it The Owl for that stunning wood grain I found on a plank of Hemlock Spruce.

8145ce0877.jpg

8145fe0a25.jpg

814657f0d3.jpg

8146308a8f.jpg

Last edited:

Big Al

Very cool. You need to find some old John Deere tractor metal insignias or other antiqued things that you might find in a barn. I'd try to mount old bottle caps on the top of metal knobs and just rune with the rustic vibe. I THINK THIS IS VERY COOL and has such a unique vibe. Good on you, Brother.:salude

andy k

love it, reminds me of the book out of EVIL DEAD,
play it in good health bro.
cheers
andy k

Stoj

That's a beauty - you guys sure did a great job :salude

J T

That has a personality.

What's the empty hole for?

4pie

maybe i wasnt clear on first post, the hole is going to be a boost knob kind of like the clapton signature strat. by the way guys thank you for the feedbacks ✌✌✌👉

J T

Oh you were clear. My apologies, I didn't see that last line. I was looking at the guitar pics!

Congrats on a unique and cool guitar. The Owl. Yeah that fits.