• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1959 in 1979 Photo at a club!

Vic DaPra

There's a cool story on 9 0850 in BURST BELIEVERS IV from the owner pictured here in this thread . He tells where he found it and about the sale to California Guitar.

agogetr

Paging Mr Lucido.... Mr Lucidio.... ????
Killer top and there's only one in the world like that. :salude
Joe B
i used to get franks flyers from red bank when i was a yungun. so much cool stuff! prices seemed great as well, however at that time i could barely keep gas in my AMC hornet and was playin 2 weeks between $4.50 string changes.... if i didnt drink to much hienekens.

Chip's Music

i used to get franks flyers from red bank when i was a yungun. so much cool stuff! prices seemed great as well, however at that time i could barely keep gas in my AMC hornet and was playin 2 weeks between $4.50 string changes.... if i didnt drink to much hienekens.

How 'bout that Eckerplex !!!

Doc Sausage

The guitar is nice but I think I long for 1959 more than ‘a’ ‘59. Simpler times...:dang

agogetr

How 'bout that Eckerplex !!!
lol. naw we upgraded. i found an old musician dude livin in a 12 foot travel trailer and bought his roland space echo! it was unused. heck it was so awesome i think we wound up running most of the band through it ha ha. then i thought i better change the tape after a year with a new one and it never worked again.
camelot is lost. i loved what that thing did for my guitar. they made one with chorus too, just killer. i bought one but it doesnt work either.
my old eckerplex still works! (beer stains and all) the old greenbox is the cool one, it has a longer throw on the heads if i remember right.
sorry to hijack but what else can be said for that burst! its a stunner
i wonder how he tuned with the conn facing the stagelights? prolly used the old towel over the head trick. then the chicks knew super important stuff was happening

DEVILBAT

Pretty sure you are thinking about Dave DeForest at Guitar Trader in Red Bank. I bought my first '59 Les Paul (Jr.) there when Timm Kummer worked there...great guy...even gave me a case for my Junior after Dave wouldn't include it in the purchase price of the Jr. I still have it. (the guitar)...

Frank Lucido owned California Guitars in Santa Barbara, Ca, I believe. Never did any biz with him but....

I still buy guitars from Timm Kummer....see what being nice to a 19 year old kid buying his first vintage guitar does? It makes that same 19 year old kid still a customer 40 years later when that same customer (me) is now a 60 year old man.

Actually, my first vintage guitar was a '59 melody maker that I also bought at Guitar Trader....they must have had 5 or 10 bursts on the wall every time I walked in there...

JPP-1

The guitar player kinda reminds me of this guy

the file size is quite small - when you paste make sure you untick the box - so here it is and a lovely top

18d0ee_5b4ad43d2f8242f190732fc6d90b3c67~mv2.jpg