• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Yamano Gibson Gold Top 57 reissue stinger

kubog

Greetings LPFers,
I just obtained a 2004 57 gold top reissue with stinger on rear of headstock. Perfect unplayed condition. It is the most perfectly made 57 reissue I ever saw. It came stock with black plastic pick guard, rings, and switch plate. The previous owner changed to Gotoh 18:1 tuners, and the original tuners are with the guitar, as well. My understanding is that these Yamano LP's are made to the highest specs, and the added stinger is a badge of perfection merit from Gibson. I have searched and searched but cannot even find another Les Paul Yamano with the stinger setup. Does anyone here have any knowledge about these, or what might be their value in this upside down guitar market?

OMG! Finally found one of three sisters of these! I bought mine in 2008, had it since. Serial 741431. I have original pics of all three Yamano stinger R7s with black plastic, including yours! Congrats and so happy to see her in someones hands!

rockabilly69

I believe you are correct, but I bought it from the next guy that bought it from the gear page, so I paid 2450. rather than 2200. No problem. Seems worth 2450 to me? All the Yamano's I saw on the net were twice as much, at least. They must be worth much more than usual Les Pauls due to the perfection of construction? Everything is so correct it's bit eery, as it it were built for a Gold Top contest, or similar. Even the frets seem comfortably worn in, although I don't think the guitar was ever seriously played at all. Not a mark anywhere, and the nickel still gleams and shines. No sawtooth fretboard edge as on many new examples. I wonder what the collectors think one of these is worth?

EDIT* sorry for posting on such an old post didn't see the original date!!!

As stated a few times earlier, that is a wonderful Goldtop, but the stinger means nothing other than aesthetic choice, nor is there any difference in quality for the Yamano guitars. I just sold a 2004 '56 reissue and it had the same qualities you describe of yours, there were many good ones made that year! Many sawtooth examples that you site are just guitars reacting to humidity changes! Not to be harsh but people here are just trying to keep myths from being perpetuated. It's just a really good Goldtop that you got!

And that's from someone who loves his...

RvUstUQ.jpg

KwgZNql.jpg