• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

anyone own a Mark Farner style 60s Messenger guitar ?

garywright

I've seen necks mounted with four, three ..but not one screw ..is there more support hidden inside the body ?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I've seen necks mounted with four, three ..but not one screw ..is there more support hidden inside the body ?

There is an aluminum bar running through the body [part of the neck, or attached to the neck] that is anchored at the tailpiece. I'm not sure what that screw is for.

And the front strap button is on the wrong side [below the neck] with no sign of it ever being on the top side. :wah

garywright

I'll post a few in a couple days or so. I have a red one and a sunburst one, both with changed pickups. Also have a red Eastwood (which is a great playing guitar.)

hello ? ...test, test ..its been a couple days :)

sgtJoe

Greeat info and photos. First concert I ever went to was GFRR at Madison Sq Garden in NYC, 1971. Bloodrock opened, they had a wall of Acoustic amps. One of the best concerts I ever went to and I been to a gazillion.