• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1965 Big Neck Melody Makers

Dave P

A friend had this MM husk in the back room of his music store and sold it to me cheap. Needed a lot of work to get to this point, almost ready for paint.
mm1.jpg

guitplayer

That looks nice. Any color in mind?
Ill say these are sweet guitars for what they are.
Pickup and tuner / tailpiece upgrade and your there.
Plenty of guitars out there with previous mods done to them.
I would`nt leave home without my 1965.

Dave P

Was red originally, still has red in the cavities. So either red or pelham blue. I bought a repro lightning bolt tail with the correctly intonated g string section for a plain g. Have some new 3 on a strip Gotoh tuners. I have allthe original parts, but I would rather have it intonate correctly and have tuners with no slop. I already refretted it with jumbo Jescar 57110 wire.

guitplayer

I`ve no luck with the proper G string compensated tailpiece. The leo quann is best for me.
Did not care for the tone with the pigtail version either. If they made a heavy version maybe.
Tuners are pretty straight forward. Kluson strip tuners.
Or a set of grovers if they`ve been altered. Great Rock and Roll guitars.
Would like to see pics after paint.:peace2

Dave P

I`ve no luck with the proper G string compensated tailpiece. The leo quann is best for me.
Did not care for the tone with the pigtail version either. If they made a heavy version maybe.
Tuners are pretty straight forward. Kluson strip tuners.
Or a set of grover if they`ve been altered. Great Rock and Roll guitars.
Would like to see pics after paint.:peace2
I want to pore fill it and maybe shoot sealer this winter, will have to wait until spring to shoot nitro.

oldflame

I've got a '62 with a Curtis Novak mm90dog which is a P90 dogear which fits without any body mods. Sounds and looks awesome.

Rob

Thanks for the info mate. Any chance you can post up a photo of the fit please? Would like to see how it looks. I'm moving away from the Pat Travers mod. Cheers