• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Shed PAF Daddy's

MapleFlame

The Shed PAF Daddy's in my replica are kinda muddy, anyone experience that from them. What's funny, these were modelled from Mark Knofflers 58 Burst, they are very dark just like his guitar. I'm just not getting the clarity that I like.

Albatross

I have Shed PAF Daddy's... they were NOT modeled on Mark Knopfler's 1958 Les Paul, but as I recall from when I was shopping for a set, Spence put A2 mags in a set once when someone asked that they sound more Knopfleresque...

MapleFlame

I have Shed PAF Daddy's... they were NOT modeled on Mark Knopfler's 1958 Les Paul, but as I recall from when I was shopping for a set, Spence put A2 mags in a set once when someone asked that they sound more Knopfleresque...

Gotcha. How do you like yours

Albatross

I think they sound really great. I've never played real PAFs but the Shed's sound to me like I imagine real PAFs would.

TM1

They're not bad compared to the real deal. But.. I do find them a little muddy. I have a couple sets out in the shop somewhere. I think that it's like real PAF's as some are like really clear almost P-90-ish and some are a bit dark. I think swapping magnets will get you closer. PAF's when they were designed, were suppoase to be a hum-free version of a P-90. Personally, I think the stuff that Throbak is making now is as close to the real deals one can get. I have 3 PAF's and some T-Top's with long A-4 magnets and they all sound as wonderful as my DS-55 set and Pre-T's from Throbak.

MapleFlame

They're not bad compared to the real deal. But.. I do find them a little muddy. I have a couple sets out in the shop somewhere. I think that it's like real PAF's as some are like really clear almost P-90-ish and some are a bit dark. I think swapping magnets will get you closer. PAF's when they were designed, were suppoase to be a hum-free version of a P-90. Personally, I think the stuff that Throbak is making now is as close to the real deals one can get. I have 3 PAF's and some T-Top's with long A-4 magnets and they all sound as wonderful as my DS-55 set and Pre-T's from Throbak.

I find in the bass side they are extremely muddy and even at lower volume. I'm going to get the SLE 101 MXV. I love them in one of my Conversions.
Thanks for chiming in.