• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Mahogany Top Antique Natural Limited Edition 2015.

Chococumber

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I joined simply because I recently purchased a Les Paul Mahogany Top in Antique Natural. It is a limited edition 2015 model with the G Force tuner. It has an XL profile neck which Gibson describes as a larger neck than the usual rounded 50's profile.

I came with a gold hardcase and a photograph of the guitar after it was made.

Here is a link of what the guitar looks like:
http://www.gibson.com/Products/Elect...ogany-Top.aspx

There does not seem to be that much information about this model. I have not seen this model for sale anywhere. I was lucky enough to purchase it from new. All I know is that it has the same specifications as the 2015 Les Paul Traditional models. The only differences I can think of is that it has an antique natural finish and a mahogany top as opposed to a maple top.

Gibson website states that it is not weight relieved. However, I suspect I may have a few swiss cheese holes inside by feeling it.

Does anyone have one or know anything more about these guitars? Does anyone know how many were made.? Mine is No 82.

Nonetheless, its a wonderful guitar. I looks like a gold top from a distance. I intend to use this guitar properly everyday for the next 30 years so I don't intend to treat it like a house decoration like some guitar collectors do.

Many thanks

GuitarMan

Welcome, from a fellow newbie. I don't have your model but have to say, I find those with the plainer tops (i.e. no flame) very attractive. Mine is a maple top but still relatively plain, showing grain rather than flame.
How does it sound?

Chococumber

Welcome, from a fellow newbie. I don't have your model but have to say, I find those with the plainer tops (i.e. no flame) very attractive. Mine is a maple top but still relatively plain, showing grain rather than flame.
How does it sound?

Hey there, I finished setting up the guitar yesterday by replacing the stock 9-42 strings with Ernie Ball 10-46. The Les Paul has 59 humbuckers and I was comparing it to the Burst buckers in my SG Standard.

The 59 humbuckers are low output pickups have a thinner and brighter sound that the Burst buckers which are higher out put. The Les Paul sounds clear and articulate. It sounds nice doing arpegiated chords in crunch. In clean mode, the Les Paul sounds clear and reminds me of a Telecaster in the middle toggle switch position. The Les Paul has a decent amount of sustain. When I bend the B string on the 15th fret, the note lasts for 8 seconds with overdrive at low bedroom volume. The Gibson SG sound a lot different. It sounds more bassy and middly with hardly any treble that the Les Paul Had. The Les Paul is the opposite. I suspect if it had higher output humbuckers, it would sound thicker and a bit muddy.

Chococumber

Hey all,

I have just done some video of me playing the guitar to give you an idea what it sounds like. You might notice that I didn't try my best to play that well or bother to use high quality sound, but you get the idea.

What I really wanted to know what how many of these models were made.

I searched the web to see if others had this guitar. I haven't seen any other mahogany top antique natural models on youtube,. In fact, I could be the first person to upload this model on youtube.

heres my videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlrihDLpfCg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr6ijxOjeXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4cel8-RXVw

Kutt

What I really wanted to know what how many of these models were made.

Gibson will be able to answer that question long before anyone on this forum. I'd suggest you email them. They're generally helpful with those types of questions.

Make sure you're wearing your ski mask when you compose the email.

Big Al

I have little experience with that model, however I do have an all Mahogany carved top Les Paul Studio in worn brown that just has this sweet tone I love. Nothing plain about mahogany, it is just a beautiful hardwood and makes for a very musical instrument. :hank:hank

Chococumber

I have little experience with that model, however I do have an all Mahogany carved top Les Paul Studio in worn brown that just has this sweet tone I love. Nothing plain about mahogany, it is just a beautiful hardwood and makes for a very musical instrument. :hank:hank

I used to have the exact same model. I had a 2008 Les Paul Studio worn brown with 50s rounded neck and 490 and 498 humbuckers. I loved the feel of the unfinished neck and the frets were nice and smooth. It was quite light with a cambered body and sustained just as much as my Traditional. I stupidly sold it a few years ago and have never been satisfied with the feel of any guitar ever since.

I was going to buy a 2016 Studio in worn brown, but ended up getting the Traditional 2015 mahogany top just to splash out a bit.

miczap

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I joined simply because I recently purchased a Les Paul Mahogany Top in Antique Natural. It is a limited edition 2015 model with the G Force tuner. It has an XL profile neck which Gibson describes as a larger neck than the usual rounded 50's profile.

There does not seem to be that much information about this model. I have not seen this model for sale anywhere. I was lucky enough to purchase it from new. All I know is that it has the same specifications as the 2015 Les Paul Traditional models. The only differences I can think of is that it has an antique natural finish and a mahogany top as opposed to a maple top.

Gibson website states that it is not weight relieved. However, I suspect I may have a few swiss cheese holes inside by feeling it.

Does anyone have one or know anything more about these guitars? Does anyone know how many were made.? Mine is No 82.

Nonetheless, its a wonderful guitar. I looks like a gold top from a distance. I intend to use this guitar properly everyday for the next 30 years so I don't intend to treat it like a house decoration like some guitar collectors do.

Many thanks

I appears I ended up buying this one from you!

in fact, I've got no. 82 sitting on my lap right now :)

wmachine

Gibson will be able to answer that question long before anyone on this forum. I'd suggest you email them. They're generally helpful with those types of questions.

Make sure you're wearing your ski mask when you compose the email.

I appears I ended up buying this one from you!

in fact, I've got no. 82 sitting on my lap right now :)

I think they're superb! I have one, the only difference is that it is an Ocean Blue one. It may have 82 in the serial number, but it is not the 82nd one. Virtually none of the models, let alone colors of a model are made in number sequence. And unless it is limited production with numbers stated up front, Gibson will generally not tell you how many were made.

Big Al

I think they're superb! I have one, the only difference is that it is an Ocean Blue one. It may have 82 in the serial number, but it is not the 82nd one. Virtually none of the models, let alone colors of a model are made in number sequence. And unless it is limited production with numbers stated up front, Gibson will generally not tell you how many were made.

It would say 82 of 100 or something like that under the serial number.

miczap

This is infact the limited edition mahogany top traditional released in 2015. Does not come in Ocean Blue, only antique natural.

They have the serial number, but above it, they also have XXX ( the limited number ), in my case, 082.

Here is the model, still on gibson's website: http://www.gibson.com/Products/Elec...on-USA/Les-Paul-Traditional-Mahogany-Top.aspx

Although, they do not appear to mention the total they made so who knows.

wmachine

It would say 82 of 100 or something like that under the serial number.

This is infact the limited edition mahogany top traditional released in 2015. Does not come in Ocean Blue, only antique natural.

They have the serial number, but above it, they also have XXX ( the limited number ), in my case, 082.

Here is the model, still on gibson's website: http://www.gibson.com/Products/Elec...on-USA/Les-Paul-Traditional-Mahogany-Top.aspx

Although, they do not appear to mention the total they made so who knows.

Thanks. I'm quite aware they are not the same model as the regular Traditionals. I missed in the description that they were separately numbered.
So I guess the question remains of how many were made? In this case I do think Gibson would be free to answer that.

miczap

Thanks. I'm quite aware they are not the same model as the regular Traditionals. I missed in the description that they were separately numbered.
So I guess the question remains of how many were made? In this case I do think Gibson would be free to answer that.

I'll shoot over an email to Gibson. My guess is they made about 100. Very few of these around from what i can tell.

miczap

Response received from Gibson Custom Service:

"Gibson does not release production numbers."

Theo Valladares

Hello everyone,

Many thanks
Hey, I'm new to this forum too for my les paul too, I have the same one as you. I have spent ages trying to find info on it and I couldn't find anything on the number of guitars that were made. mine is number 38. it's nice to find someone that has the same guitar. Honestly, my best guess is that they made around 100 of them but I have no idea the actual number.

Theo Valladares

les paul.jpg
Here is a quick picture of mine, I love it with my entire life. it's the best feeling guitar for me at least

Theo Valladares

Hello everyone,

Many thanks
Do you have a picture of yours just to see how it look like?

miczap

Do you have a picture of yours just to see how it look like?

Here's mine (and ops):

MRXWb3g.jpg