• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Who's your guitar hero?

SpencerD

Today.

My guitar hero is.

Stu D. Baker.

AKA.

Unknown Hinson.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/of0gN6XHUSY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I"ve known Stu for 30 years.He's badass.

johnnyslim

Hero...too many to name. What I will add is who influenced me. Honestly, every guitar player I have ever played with has influenced me. Some good, some not so good but I always leave knowing that I absorbed something that I can take with me. I learned to be a better lead player you need to be a confident rhythm player. And, playing in a working band teaches you when to play, not to play and not to over play. Yeah, influences are everywhere.

mrbeasty

And before that the original owner of the guitar...Sylvain Sylvain of the New York Dolls.:dude:

watch

big_b493ecf5fa484c3c95e52ef900271a55.jpg

I believe the original guitar was a ‘74 Custom, but he did not hang-on to it very long. Although, through the ‘80s, during his darker days, he kept on selling it to collectors.
When he cleaned-up and started playing again, he got new LP Customs. In the ‘90s, when The Sex Pistols reformed, he was offered some Burny Les Pauls, which is what he plays in that video. Gibson did an “Artist Inspired” Les Paul for Steve a few years ago, with a 498T humbucker in the bridge position, which surprised me.
I can’t get enough Steve Jones. His solo albums are great, his work with Iggy Pop is killer, The Neutotic Outdiders should have been huge ... I wish he played more, and strangely I think he does too.

MacFangus

Too many to name them all, but I especially love the stylings of Jerry Reed, Glen Campbell, Jim Stafford, Roy Buchanan and Rory Gallagher. Roy Clark has amazed me since I was a kid.

SpencerD

Hero...too many to name. What I will add is who influenced me. Honestly, every guitar player I have ever played with has influenced me. Some good, some not so good but I always leave knowing that I absorbed something that I can take with me. I learned to be a better lead player you need to be a confident rhythm player. And, playing in a working band teaches you when to play, not to play and not to over play. Yeah, influences are everywhere.

I respect this. Yes sir.

gakees

Exactly.