• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NVGD: 1960 ES-335 TD

59noob

I've got A33432, a blonde.

What's the FON on yours?

It's very faint and I've been trying to determine it. It's definitely an R, and it looks like R45572x - can't make out the last digit - either a 6 or a 0 for the moment. Not 100% on the 7 and 2 at this point either!

What's yours?

Last edited:

F-Hole

It's very faint and I've been trying to determine it. It's definitely an R, and it looks like R45572x - can't make out the last digit - either a 6 or a 0 for the moment. Not 100% on the 7 and 2 at this point either!

What's yours?

Mine's.........R4557 10, so the 10th on the rack.

It's interesting because I have a couple of 58's a few serial numbers apart, same FON, and have found a few others from that rack, and they're all blonde. I wondered whether an entire rack was made blonde, but it would appear not from your FON.

Lovely guitar, enjoy it in good health.

59noob

Thanks guys for all the kind comments!

As for the FON, I wonder how many guitars a given "rack" will contain? If mine's either 20 or 26, but the numbers don't go higher than 20, then it might be safe to say that it's 20.

F-Hole

Thanks guys for all the kind comments!

As for the FON, I wonder how many guitars a given "rack" will contain? If mine's either 20 or 26, but the numbers don't go higher than 20, then it might be safe to say that it's 20.

I think it's 40 in a rack......but don't rely on it.

59noob

What a piece! :salude

Do you like her tone?

It's very loud acoustically, much louder than my reissues, not just a little louder, much louder. It's almost as though drier wood resonates more? As a result, it's a very lively guitar.

lare65

Old thread but I finaly have located the FON number on my -60 Es 335 and its also R4557 (the R is difficult to see though) and then a 3 so the same rack as yours. Also sunburst and it really looks like yours. Two zebra pu´s and serial nr 334xx. Very strong acoustic sound and the neck is thin but with some meat on it.
EDIT: Here is a pic.

Last edited: