• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Les Paul Classic Plain Top 2016 Limited Proprietary HB

ChicagoBlues

Just got my new 2016 Gibson Les Paul Classic Honey Burst

First impression: a dream to play ...

<v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f">
</v:path></v:stroke></v:shapetype>

meix

... trying to reanimate this thread. 2016 is almost over now so:
Are there more people who where lucky (?) to catch one (exactly the model from the topic)?

I did and am curious about in which condition yours came out of the box.
I had to check four of them before I found the one with the least flaws. The first ones had among other things: scratches on pickguard (no foil on it!), frayed rosewood, sloppy fretboard binding, PU rings NOT plain with top (totally crazy, it was screwed on the pickguard and 5 mm floating over the top)...
Still this is the instrument that meets exactly my needs but I just can't understand Gibsons quality management...

Even more I'm looking for info on:
- it's limited, ok. but to what? limited to the european market? to special stores?
- are there production figures from gibson?
- why doesn't it appear in the "official" gibson line-up???

meix

interesting... didn't expect that this limited run was so much limited that no one else owns one.

jrfisher

Gibson has created an absolutely ridiculous number of versions of the Les Paul. At this point, there may be a unique version available for every player.

ChicagoBlues

Playing now this Les Paul about one year and i 'm still happy to have one. The sustain is incredible. The slim taper neck is the best neck for small hands. It's a very good instrument to preserve my Gibson Les Paul Standard 1960 VOS Washed Cherry.:dude:

rickyguitar

interesting... didn't expect that this limited run was so much limited that no one else owns one.

Very late comment..... I know..

I have one of those, 2nd hand, weighs a bit less then my 2018 Classic Goldtop with P90's.

Although the seller gave me ample opportunity to try the guitar and have an extensive look inside, it was only when back home with my new purchase that I was a bit alarmed by the crappy wiring in the control cavity.
So I e-mailed Gibson if the serial# fits my guitar (counterfeiters frequently use real serials on their cheap copies), they required pics of full front and back as well as headstock including serial#

Then Gibson replied that the serial# and my pics matched their data on their guitar which is a " Les Paul Classic Plain Top 2016 Limited Proprietary Heritage Cherry Sunburst Chrome hardware, made in Nashville Tennessee in late 2015".
The guitar looks genuine for as far the folks at Gibson could see on my pictures, even though I also sent pictures of the messy control cavity. They could also recommend a nearby dealer/luthier that might check the guitar and this person also claims it is genuine, even after looking inside.
Although I should be relieved, I'm still a bit wary about the messy wiring. And the fact that if I google this model I get several 'Chibsons' as first results doesn't help. As you say, there is very little info on these particular guitars.

But it plays extremely comfy..

rickyguitar

- it's limited, ok. but to what? limited to the european market? to special stores?
- are there production figures from gibson?
- why doesn't it appear in the "official" gibson line-up???

Have you tried to contact Gibson with your questions?