• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

"Refinished" '69 Custom

bilco

I was just at my kid's child care centre's Christmas function, and I got this shot of the musical act:

20151204_170542_zpslo6fgwyt.jpg

I bumped into the dude as we were leaving, and asked where he found a Led Paul with such an ugly finish (not my exact words); he said he put it on himself, and that he probably shouldn't have, as it was a '69 Custom!

Last edited:

Kris Ford

It then was your duty as a LPF First Responder to pummel him to the ground, while handing off the victim to another LPF First Responder who would then take it to a designated AVH safe space/triage area, to first, remove the knobs, plastic and all unoriginal parts and throw them in a fire..
Then the victim will be placed in an area to remove whatever that is...while a team of LPF AVHs scramble to find the era correct parts, and a medevac to HM is on the pad...
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

WBailey

What is on it ?

Can it be removed ?

Wish we had a vomit smiley.

bilco

I didn't get an up-close look, but I suspect it might just be stripey Contact or something similar...

I think I'll try and find out what the act was called, give the guy a call, see if he wants to sell...

Grandturk

And yet there he was doing a gig for some kids and making people happy. Who cares what it looks like.

moonweasel

And yet there he was doing a gig for some kids and making people happy. Who cares what it looks like.

Don't recall anyone judging what he was DOING with it? Just what he did TO it. There's a distinct difference.

djd100

LOL! :peace2

It then was your duty as a LPF First Responder to pummel him to the ground, while handing off the victim to another LPF First Responder who would then take it to a designated AVH safe space/triage area, to first, remove the knobs, plastic and all unoriginal parts and throw them in a fire..
Then the victim will be placed in an area to remove whatever that is...while a team of LPF AVHs scramble to find the era correct parts, and a medevac to HM is on the pad...
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: