• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD: 2002 Standard Plus

phil0333

Just bought a used 2002 Standard Plus with an awesome top. I don't think the pups are stock and I don't really know what they are. Going to crack it open later and explore! Very light and resonant. Couple of dings but it's got character. Digging it

Midnight Blues

Petty! Congrats, HNGD
jam.gif
and play her in good health!

phil0333

Thanks ,It's definitely a keeper. Interesting find on the pickups. I took them out and they just have a little sticker that says "Scream'in 1982". A little digging revealed that these are Greco PAF clones I think. They sound ok, I'm just a little bummed that they aren't legit Gibson pups. No biggie I guess. Nothing a set of Bareknuckle's, etc. won't fix. That is if I change them at all. They sound pretty darn good. I may start with upgrading the pots and caps first, maybe an RS kit. Right now, there's a pretty big volume jump from 9 to 10 on the knob.

Stoj

Wow that's a killer looking LP - Nice Score :salude

zoommutt

Just bought a used 2002 Standard Plus with an awesome top. I don't think the pups are stock and I don't really know what they are. Going to crack it open later and explore! Very light and resonant. Couple of dings but it's got character. Digging it

They got the 2002 Trans Amber Standards right. . Enjoy! Great top!

rgrace

Thanks ,It's definitely a keeper. Interesting find on the pickups. I took them out and they just have a little sticker that says "Scream'in 1982". A little digging revealed that these are Greco PAF clones I think. They sound ok, I'm just a little bummed that they aren't legit Gibson pups. No biggie I guess. Nothing a set of Bareknuckle's, etc. won't fix. That is if I change them at all. They sound pretty darn good. I may start with upgrading the pots and caps first, maybe an RS kit. Right now, there's a pretty big volume jump from 9 to 10 on the knob.

Man, that's weird. I can't believe the fracked up shizzle that people do to Les Pauls out there. Mind boggling.