• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Les Paul R0/G0 1960 - Guitar Center

oldflame

Been eyeing a couple of these 2007 Gibson Custom Shop G0 1960 Reissue Les Paul's in darkburst. I believe they were a limited Guitar Centre run.

Any owners out there or have owned in the past? Are the necks the regular shallow profile for an R0? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers! :salude

KS 5150

Been eyeing a couple of these 2007 Gibson Custom Shop G0 1960 Reissue Les Paul's in darkburst. I believe they were a limited Guitar Centre run.

Any owners out there or have owned in the past? Are the necks the regular shallow profile for an R0? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers! :salude

Hi, I've got the exact guitar you are referencing: A 2007 G0 Darkburst. The neck is fairly shallow, but also very comfortable. My usual preference is for thinner necks (although I have a Trad as well), and It's my fave neck of the Gibsons I have. Here's a pic:

DSCN0084_zpsf19e5782.jpg

TM1

I have the second one made in Sept. 2002 What do you need to know about them? They made 5 in 2002 and then 50 in 2003, after that I haven't a clue. Same as an R-0 without the flamey top. Everything else is identical to an R-0 from that period. I think the were discontinued in 2012. I'm sure you could ask Gibson Customer Service when the model was cutoff.

AliGZero

It's been estimated that the Custom Shop made about 50 per year from 2004-2011 (the '02 and '03 runs weren't marked with a G0 serial number). '04s and '05s were done with the Custom Authentic aging process, the later ones got the VOS treatment. Most were Lemonburst, with fewer Darkburst and a small number of Goldtops(!) and coil-taps in the final year.

Uncle Gary

I have an '04 G0 in lemon drop color. At 9 lb. 4 oz. it's my heaviest Les Paul at this time. The neck is similar to my '03 R0, but a tiny bit deeper and more rounded in the back. In truth, to me, it's one of the best necks on any of my guitars.

Gibbo

Great guitars I have a 2006 and traded in R8 and R6 move I got her. I started a thread re these about a year ago and have collected details of just under 100. Fabulous neck and great value now. They seem to go for a little bit less than R0's. Congrats and enjoy.😀

TM1

I have an '04 G0 in lemon drop color. At 9 lb. 4 oz. it's my heaviest Les Paul at this time. The neck is similar to my '03 R0, but a tiny bit deeper and more rounded in the back. In truth, to me, it's one of the best necks on any of my guitars.

The original colour was called "Takburst" after a Japanese endorsee Tak Matusmoto. I know when I had my original finish on mine Elliot Easton dubbed it the "Pumpkin Burst" as it was about the colour of a faded pumpkin..

Depending on the lighting, it will look different:

It then went to this after Dave Johnson got a hold of it:

Then it looked like this. Looks similar now except I removed the Bigsby and "Batman" bridge plate:

It's been to Historic Makeovers twice. First time was to Dave and the second time in 2011 to Kim's shop in florida where it got the whole RDS package. The necks are great and laser scanned from an original `60 that Drew Berlin had at the Hollywood Guitar Center. I have original PAF's and a matching set of 1960 Centralab pots in it and it's "done". doesn't need anything else

Bigdog

I have the second one made in Sept. 2002 What do you need to know about them? They made 5 in 2002 and then 50 in 2003, after that I haven't a clue. Same as an R-0 without the flamey top. Everything else is identical to an R-0 from that period. I think the were discontinued in 2012. I'm sure you could ask Gibson Customer Service when the model was cutoff.

I have a 2002, one of the 5. I'm not sure which one in the order it is, but the COA says it's a Takburst. It's a plain top, any info on this guitar would be helpful.

RocknRollShakeUp

Used to have one. Great guitar. Mine was a lemonburst, I think it was a 2006. It was 8.8lbs. I eventually sold it to fund a Wildwood Featherweight Les Paul.

Bigdog

I don't know which one I have but it is a Takburst, serial number 0 2201, plain top. I'm thinking of selling it for the right price.

Bigdog

I don't know which one I have but it is a Takburst, serial number 0 2201, plain top. I'm thinking of selling it for the right price.
I'm thinking because of the 01 serial number it's the first one.

drspencer1

I'm thinking because of the 01 serial number it's the first one.
Not sure, but I think yours may be the 201st one made, not the 1st.

I own Tak Burst, headstock serial # G0 5001.

First one made in 2005.

COA reads:
Model Number: LPR-0
Serial Number: 0-5001

Bought it new.

TM1

Mine is 0-2183. The first one was 0-2182. The last one of the five should be 0-2186. They should all be stamped RO inside on the shelf in the control cavity. Technically they are plain top RO's with Madagascar or Brazilian fingerboards. Mine has Brazilian. The first two both have Birdseye tops. They were made in late August of 2002. Mine says Sept. 18th 2002 as the date it was shipped to Guitar Center Hollywood. They were flown to L.A. from Nashville and had a special presentation to debut the series.

CAPT CRUNCH

actually the first five were 02181-02185...............they then made a second run of 5 more.........then they started on the consecutive runs of 50 .........the first 5 were not the same spec as the R0's from 02.........they had a different neck carve (my personal favorite of any guitar i've played) kinda a slim taper with more shoulder. These guitars also came with phony black beauty caps that were only on the R9's I believe that year and unpotted BB 1&2. I still have the first one. I have not posted on this forum in almost 20 years................I used to know allot more about these guitars and the specs changed after the first two runs of 5.

DrewB

G0 6320 on the left. I bought it new and have yet to play its equal for clarity in the neck position. Several who've played a bunch of original 'Bursts say it sounds like an old one. 8# 4.7 oz of omigosh.Lesters.jpg

axeman565758

G0 6320 on the left. I bought it new and have yet to play its equal for clarity in the neck position. Several who've played a bunch of original 'Bursts say it sounds like an old one. 8# 4.7 oz of omigosh.View attachment 22342
Just looks alone would be worth it for me. It may sound vintage, but it definmitely looks vintage....beauty!!!