• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Why We Suck At Slide and 5 Ways To Fix It

It took me years to figure out how to play slide at a giggable level because I couldn't find any resources that I found really helpful, so I made the video I would have wanted to see six years ago. It takes the "years of figuring it out" and condenses it into 3 minutes so you can get started practicing the techniques instead of guessing at the techniques.

A a side note (because I've been asked this before), the reason I tuck the pick with my pointer finger is fairly thought-out. When you hybrid pick you're using pick-middle-ring to get around. When you tuck the pick with your index finger you end up using thumb-middle-ring and the muscle memory transfers almost seamlessly. Plus, when the pick is in your index finger it takes no time, thought, or effort to get it back in playing position if you want to do regular strumming for a chorus, then kick into slide for the solo. And without it in your teeth you can sing lead or harmony.

Thanks!

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Very cool video! Welcome to the Forum!:dude:

garywright

Needs to be bumped up, this is good stuff.

thanks Al ..I had just made my mind up to learn slide using open E tuning after watching the Joe Walsh vids ...now I'm thinking maybe not as it would be cool to leave the guitar in standard ..ill have to try both ways ! :salude