• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

John Mayer Signature PRS

pablomago

Meyer was the last guy I though would be in that band and I was skeptical. But the more I hear him, the more I like him. He's still learning, but every show he brings it on a little more. I'm looking forward to hearing them live in Boulder in a couple of weeks.

BTW, He's playing an SG with a sideways vibrato as well as the PRS during the show. I don't know if it's new or vintage.

sidekick

Was a big fan of Paul Reed Smith guitars during the late 80's into the early 90's, when PRS (IMO) made it clear to both Gibson and Fender there was "another kid on the block" ... :hank

This 'JM' one, (although doubtless a fine guitar) too 'OTT' with the switching, (IMO) ... Although it may appeal to the JM aficionados, not the more usual mainstream player.

J.D.

It is clear that this JM guitar was made in the spirit of Uncle Jerry's original but with Paul's design. Certainly not going to appeal to the masses any more than the original IMO.

The Guitar Hunter

I like the guitar, I don't think it should be priced at 12 grand, but still a great looking instrument.
He's a good player and has really embraced the Dead's music. However, I am a deadhead and know that he or their music isn't for everyone.
Here's a little more info on it.

S. Cane

We all do. So bring on the best production amp of all time. Let it stand against a high power twin and be judged. I think Paul has him convicted in a delineation of gear that frankly doesn't exist to the rest of us. Only Paul and John know the truth. The rest of rely on Leo Fender and Ted Mc Carthy for salvation. I find it very cool that Paul and John are working together on eternal sonic bliss but it's not for everyone including me.
Joe B

I don't think that could be said in a better way, at all.

As for John, I do like his playing and his early work. I haven't seen hum play with Dead & Co. but I most certainly will.