• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1960s sg case

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Definitely not.

Modern [80s or newer, I think], not Gibson, and not made [specifically] as an SG case. :salude

lewilson

I think its a vox . thanks anyone have a maestro vibrato for a 67 sg for sale?

QUOTE=Tom Wittrock;2664716]Definitely not.

Modern [80s or newer, I think], not Gibson, and not made [specifically] as an SG case. :salude[/QUOTE]

Kris Ford

I think its a vox . thanks anyone have a maestro vibrato for a 67 sg for sale?

QUOTE=Tom Wittrock;2664716]Definitely not.

Modern [80s or newer, I think], not Gibson, and not made [specifically] as an SG case. :salude
[/QUOTE]

Try Crazyparts..high quality repro stuff from Germany..pretty much the only folks that make them..
Lets see a pic of the "67"..:salude

I have a bet with myself on all late 60's SGs whenever I see one posted..:teeth

lewilson

Its goin to be a fun project. I may leave the stop studs in it so I can do either stop or vibrola. Have not decided yet. One t top pickup is not working, but I rewindpickups so it's no trouble. It has some newer covers on them now as well as other newer parts. But it plays well.

Kris Ford

By the pic, I won my bet that I had with myself..:biggrin:
HIGH "I" dot in the Gibson inlay..a trait I've been noticing in TRUE '67's..(SOOOO many '69-'71 SGs are being claimed as '67-'68's..I wish folks would realize that their '69, '70, '71 is JUST as cool, with slightly different body lines being the main difference, and sonically indistinguishable from a '67 or '68, and call it what it really is..)
Does it also have a 00 prefix SN#?:hmm

lewilson

By the pic, I won my bet that I had with myself..:biggrin:
HIGH "I" dot in the Gibson inlay..a trait I've been noticing in TRUE '67's..(SOOOO many '69-'71 SGs are being claimed as '67-'68's..I wish folks would realize that their '69, '70, '71 is JUST as cool, with slightly different body lines being the main difference, and sonically indistinguishable from a '67 or '68, and call it what it really is..)
Does it also have a 00 prefix SN#?:hmm
I didn't know that about the "I". I thought it was a 67 by the lip at the neck joint seems the 67 are very distinctive. But I'm no expert. Just from what I saw online . Glad to know i was right

lewilson

I didn't know that about the "I". I thought it was a 67 by the lip at the neck joint seems the 67 are very distinctive. But I'm no expert. Just from what I saw online . Glad to know i was right
Yes. What's the significance of the 00 serial numbers?

Kris Ford

Seems many '67 models get a high I dot..not just SGs..I've seen ES 335s with this as well.

Yes. What's the significance of the 00 serial numbers?

00 prefix SN is a for sure 1967 SN# range..and can't be twisted into also being a '69-'71 SN#, meaning that someone can't pass off their mid 1971 SG Standard as a '67..

Kris Ford

The 00 prefix was also used in the mid 70s.

Absolutely! 1976 in fact.:salude
My '76 SG Standard has the oval decal with the 00 prefix, for '76.
(not mine, but shows the 00s)
1976%20GIBSON%20SGtbHS%20back.jpg

I've only seen 2 '76 SGs listed as '67s..one was a tpyo, (switched the numbers) and one was because the guy used some online dater..pretty huge difference between a '67 and a '76..though my '76 has serious sustain and a killer hard rock tone.