• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

STOLEN 2015 59 LES PAUL TRUE HSITORIC LEMON BURST STOLEN

I sold this guitar to a very nice guy in Las Vegas zip code 89131. It was shipped to him UPS ground and according their shipping records the driver left it on his porch on Monday 10/26/15 at 211PM. The funny thing is he was home during that time and UPS nor the guitar never came? Another strange thing is someone signed for the package using his first name only but it was not him. I contacted UPS and they opened a delivery investigation. As part of the investigation the UPS driver went to his house yesterday and told him he left the package on the front porch and it was surely delivered. When the man asked the driver who signed for the package the driver started back peddling and getting very nervous and could not explain. Any help with recovery is greatly appreciated. Im sure it will either end up on Ebay or on Pawn Stars soon! The serial number of the guitar is 95020.

95020A_zpsl8rzspos.jpg

95020B_zpsmvowtjqz.jpg

After further investigation it turns out that what the driver did was sign the customers name for the package and says he left it on the front porch. Signing a customers name to a package and doing a driver release on the porch violates UPS company policy according to my local driver. Also as part of the UPS investigation the driver actually went to the customers house and told him that beyond any reasonable doubt the guitar was left on the front porch. When the customer told the driver he never got it and prove to him and show him where he signed for it the driver could not produce.

What is really the worse part of the whole deal is the UPS driver went back to his local branch and plain out lied to his his supervisor and told them that the customer acknowledged receiving the package and that the investigation should be close, so UPS closed the investigation case! I called UPS back a few days ago and told them the driver lied and the customer never signed for the guitar and never got it. I also told them that the signature in their system is NOT the customers signature. They re-opened the case and sent a different driver back to the customers house and had them sign a document stating that they never received the package and that is not the customers signature in their system. I believe that they will now escalate this into a claim and hopefully MR UPS Driver will be reprimanded accordingly as he violated every delivery policy that UPS has for their drivers.

Now we don't know what "really" happened to this guitar. Did the driver sign the customers name and then take it? Did the driver sign the customers name and leave it on the front porch and then it was stolen from the porch? We just don't know. UPS's initial position after their first investigation was that the package was delivered and signed for so they closed the case. Now that 2nd investigation was opened and the customer had to sign a document stating they never got the package and that is not their signature in the system we will have to wait and see what happens next. My feeling is this should be immediately escalated to a claim and paid to the customer as soon as possible.

I will keep you all posted.

J.D.

Latest post pretty much confirms either the driver or recipient is dishonest. I'd put my money on the driver.

Had a similar experience years ago. Was waiting on a delivery and saw online it was just delivered with signature. Immediately called UPS and gave them the info. Placed me on hold and called the local office who called the driver while on his route. An hour later I got a call back that the driver delivered the package to the wrong address (at a location about 10 miles away), it would be picked it up by the office, and it would be redelivered the next day. I suspected all along that this was an attempt at theft by the driver.

Last edited:

GotTheSilver

Terrible situation. I hope it works out.

A while back I had an amp delivered by UPS. It was supposed to be delivered by 8 pm. The driver finally showed up after 8:30. He gave me the package, and I asked if I needed to sign for it. He said no. I thought that was really odd, since the website said that signature would be required. I got the feeling he was doing something to cover up the fact that the delivery was late.

Hammerhead

Who the hell would leave a package that size on a porch? Unbelievable.

omni43

I had kinda of a weird incident with a UPS driver. I was waiting for a package that was supposed to be signed for. I came home and the package was there but was never signed for. i did a little investigating and was told I singed for it. I did not inquire any further because I received my item, but thought that it was weird.

ledzepx

Reason why the driver left it there. He doesnt want to come back and does not know the value of the guitar. I ve seen this happen alot. I used to work for fedex and always talked to ups drivers on the same route. In fact they told me that a ups drive on my route was stealing guitars from guitar center without them knowing it. He would scan the product before showing up and scan the rest infront of shipping and give them only what he scanned. He left what he wanted up front and hid it. Talk about being slick. Until he got Caught.