• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

(UK) 1955 GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM BLACK BEAUTY FOR SALE

richard henry

Banned
This is an all original 1955 Les Paul Custom Fretless Wonder Black Beauty (how many more names does it have?) with it's original black pebble case.

It's a good 8 out of 10 condition with some playing wear on the neck and lacquer checking but overall it is very nice. Weighs in at 9lbs 1oz exactly, all mahogany body, mahogany neck, carved mahogany top, Alnico V and P90 pickups, untouched electrics, all plastics, finish, parts completely stock.

Here's what Gil Southworth is currently saying about one he has that is 2 serial numbers away from this one:

"Yeah, you regret selling that '58 strat for $375, that you bought in college for 200 bucks. i get that. everybody does. the thing is...i've noticed over the last 30 years or so that; THE guitar people most regret selling is the alnico pickup '50's Les Paul Custom. it's such an un-sung model (hero). it's the one you really just weren't paying attention to...until it was to late. well...here ya go, fruity. 1955 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Solid Body Electric Guitar, Serial # 5 10006...."

The guitar I am offering for sale bears the serial #5 10008 and it has had no repairs, no changed parts, no Bigsby holes and the finish backlights perfectly, no touch up, no overspray, no funny business, just a dead straight original Black Beauty from the year Marty McFly went back to and played a guitar that didn't exist.

Price is £***** GBP which is approx $***** and it's in stock ready to be collected or shipped.

Email sales@richardhenryguitars.com or call +44 (0)7779 265314 for more details.

Last edited: