• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Best overdrive pedal for VOS R8 ?

Guitarpete

Marshall AIB: Zvex Box of Rock is great but mine's very noisy!! I even sent it back once and they told me that it's good. The Ramble Effects "Marvel Drive" is killer at the Marshall sound!
Klon: the best I've heard is the RYRA !!
I have to get the Origin "Revival Drive" as it does so many great sounds!
I still like (& use) my Van Weelden "Royal Overdrive". Takes a bit to dial it in, but well worth it!
Cheers!!

Triburst

I play mainly through a modded Fender Silverface Twin Reverb (1976 - the mod makes reverb/tremolo available in normal channel, which I prefer).
My board has 3 "overdrive" pedals.
(1) EHX Soul Food. See Al's posts. Transparent boost, or complement the amp as a "more" of your guitar/amp tone. Think Klon PLUS.
(2) General Guitar Gadgets (Kit) that's a TS808 Tube Screamer with a famous name modification -- great crunch, gets you through most classic rock, country, blues, etc. They include several chips to try, including the supposed "magic" one, when you build.
(3) "Brown Sound in a Box" (available as a kit or built from several online vendors -- I built mine) -- It's a One trick pony --> Cranked Marshall (but it's GLORIOUS). I sold my OCD v.4 when I heard this.
With these, I can generally dial in pretty much any overdrive tone I'm shooting for.

mustachio

I just bought a Rockett .45 Caliber. Awesome. Better than the JHS Charlie Brown and more quiet.

renderit

YOU CAYANT OVERDRIVE VOS! YOU'LL GET STUCK IN DA MUDDY TONES! POLISH IT LIKE A CAT-ANA CUT-AuN LONG SHARP BLADE DEN TRYS YER OD!

JimFog

Light to medium, open versatile drive - Barber Gain Changer (or GCX)

Medium to Heavy drive, somewhat "Marshall-y" - Barber Compact Direct Drive

I have both on my board, and literally need NOTHING else........Les Paul, Tele, 335 or Strat.

renderit

Looking at Xotic BB, or Rockett, any other good suggestions? Looking to get fat juicy sustain at without having to resort to high volume level. Amp is SL5 Marshall tube.

ANY version of your countryman's most excellent offerings. Origin Effects, Cali76, or Sliderig will give you the greatest sustain on ANYTHING without ruining your tone. It will actually make your guitar sound BETTER. Just dial it in to where your sustain is long enough for you. You CAN take it too far even on these, but they are much better than anything else I have EVER tried. And I am older than dirt...

Dude run that by me again this time in English. Thanks.

De VOS be drippin' wit da Greasy good tones provided ya' don't be skiddin' on da dullness. Bees international ! Polish da finnish!

duaneflowers

37245001_10215887589759222_7861124782702460928_n.jpg

Triburst

:lol:lol:lol:lol
Boy, you can find any electronic gizmo you're looking for in Japan, Duane.

duaneflowers

:lol:lol:lol:lol
Boy, you can find any electronic gizmo you're looking for in Japan, Duane.

Yes indeedy... it is manufactured by Precision Pedals for Boss and with these nifty dip switches you can select your exact amp model, pickup winder, string gauge, and pot/cap/pup dc values for further precise tweaking... it is the sous-vide of guitar pedals. :##

37318879_10215892111712268_5707677984928825344_n.jpg

kitban12

Hi guys. Believe it or not, I recently bought my first Volume Pedal. Before that, I used a device that I borrowed from a friend. The music is the same, but the pleasure of sounding is more, since it is mine, I don’t depend on anyone, you don’t have to ask anything, just bliss. In short, I have this baby https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DZW1CDO. I really like the sound is clear, surround, everything is super, in general. True, for some this device may seem expensive. You can read this article https://bestazy.com/best-volume-pedal/, there are budget options. But in general, you know, you are a good fellow, that you decided to improve your music, to purchase additional equipment that will improve the sound quality. Some people think that they have perfect music without any additional devices, but they are mistaken, of course
61cbaskGOGL._SL1200_.jpg