• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul acoustic and Chet A acoustic

Tubes 'n Wood

2 quick questions from a buddy of mine for the immense knowledge base here...

1) My buddies Chet A acoustic/electric guitar is cutting in and out when playing it. You can get it to go away sometimes by tapping the bridge or by unplugging it and then plugging it back in? Any ideas?! The input jack was replaced and still does it, the pots read out ok (but these have the little circuit boards too for the vol/tone controls [how to tell if theres a problem with a component?]).

2) The Les Paul acoustics (like the Chet's but LP shaped)... where can he find one? Or is there a reputable custom builder that will build a one off?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!!

pale fire

Hey tubes - I have both the Gibson Chet SST and an LP Acoustic. The Chets are known for having issues with their electronics (including mine) and I sent mine away to Fishman (about 10 years ago) to have the electronics sorted out. It was well worth it, as the resulting guitar was my main guitar for years...and saw a fair amount of gigs.

The Les Paul Acoustics were custom shop instruments that were only made for a few years and they only come up for sale rarely. The last one I saw was on reverb.com 2 years ago by CME. There is one up right now! (it is not mine)

Tubes 'n Wood

Thanks for the reply pale. He has a couple of the Epi Chets (a black 1and a natural top 1) and a couple Gibson (a black 1 and a sunburst flametop 1) and both his Gibson have electronics issues. Thanks for reverb.com info!

T 'n W

Tubes 'n Wood

My buddy ended up buying the one off of Reverb.com... I'll post pics of it when I can. It is very nice and surprisingly light weight?!