The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

1 of 10 Historic Select VCSB '59 with Grovers Hand Picked Tops by Gibson Custom Staff

This guitar is the 1st of a run of 10 units in Vintage Cherry Sunburst Vintage Gloss with Aged Nickel hardware. It has the Historic Select specifications, Hand picked Top, Grover Kidney button tuners, Custom Bucker pickups with front covered and rear uncovered with zebra coils. #1, Serial #HS9 50296 is shipping to House of Guitars.

LPR9HM2M9164       #HS9 50296

Re: 1 of 10 Historic Select VCSB '59 with Grovers Hand Picked Tops by Gibson Custom S

Beautiful!

Re: 1 of 10 Historic Select VCSB '59 with Grovers Hand Picked Tops by Gibson Custom S

Is HS Specs the same as a TH; i.e. Long tenon, vintage specs at least as good as 2014 Historics? I ask because I m interested in a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    Is HS Specs the same as a TH; i.e. Long tenon, vintage specs at least as good as 2014 Historics? I ask because I m interested in a different one.
    Hi renderit. Yes, Historic Select is the same as True Historic. The only difference is that you're choosing options on the Historic Select (color and aging level). True Historic Specs (2015) are very different than the 2014 spec though so be sure you're up to speed on the differences.

Last edited by renderit; 09-10-15 at 07:49 PM.

That is a killer guitar -- color, flame are outstanding!
    Mike Slubowski

* "Gibson guitars are like potato chips - you can't have just one!"

* "So many Gibsons to love, so little time..."

A beautiful fade from dark to light for sure.

Les Paul Forum Member

WoW Very Interesting Beautiful Color with a Fantastic top looks Like A Killer Donna

Love the subtle diversion from the usual specs of the classic bursts. The switch washer MIA really makes the grain pop in my eyes.

Les Paul Forum Member Fried okra's Avatar

Lovely, just lovely.
    Last edited by Fried okra; Today at 00:00. Reason: No reason, just felt like making it look like I edited it.

"I just try to keep my fingers between the binding". Tom Wittrock

"You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, Barb" - Twitter reply to Barbra Streisand