• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Are all the 61 Warren Haynes 335s gone?

Watermelon 335

Gibby made only 500 61 WH 335s and Wildwood bought 100.
Wildwood just told me they sold their last WH a few months ago to callers who said they were hard to find.
All the big online chains are sold out.

Does anyone out there know if there is a 61 WH 335 still hanging on a wall in some shop here in the USA?

If I can't find one, which new 335 is closest in sound and neck feel to a 61 WH 335?
I don't care about block vs. dot, figured or plain maple, or who made the tuners.
I don't care if it's Memphis or Nashville.
Nobody is going to mistake my playing for Warren Haynes! :rofl

My only appearance-thingy is it's just got to be Cherry ... a watermelony red would be even better.

Thanks, very much.

Last edited:

Watermelon 335

There's one for sale at the MLP (not mine). Check the classifieds.

Thanks slimdave.
Sorry, noob here but what does MLP stand for?
Googling MLP found a company that makes guitars, and a bunch of My Little Pony stuff. :##

BTW, I wanna new guitar for the non-tranferable factory warranty.
Since you said to check the classifieds were you referring to a used one?

GotTheSilver

Thanks slimdave.
Sorry, noob here but what does MLP stand for?
Googling MLP found a company that makes guitars, and a bunch of My Little Pony stuff. :##

BTW, I wanna new guitar for the non-tranferable factory warranty.
Since you said to check the classifieds were you referring to a used one?

MLP could also mean Master Limited Partnership! But in this case it means the My Les Paul forum. I have not checked, but I am assuming slimdave is talking about a used one being sold by a forum member.

4string

There was one for sale at the Orange County show last month. Contact me for seller info.

slimdave

Sorry, yes I meant the My Les Paul Forum. I didn't know if it was proper to paste a link from another forum here. If you can't find it, pm me and I'll send you the link.

Watermelon 335

Sorry, yes I meant the My Les Paul Forum. I didn't know if it was proper to paste a link from another forum here. If you can't find it, pm me and I'll send you the link.

Thank you.
I found it.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/mem...-fsot-gibson-warren-haynes-1961-es-335-a.html

I appreciate your help.

Does $3,200 sound right considering it's a used guitar and a Gibson factory warranty is not transferable to buyers of used guitars.
I was under the impression the published price of the big chains was around $3,400, and that's before any negotiating that many shrewd customers are successful at.
(I'm not talking about that bogus 'list' price of 99 million bucks some retailers claim is the "MSRP".)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Any WH owner care to post what the dealer's asking price was and the final price was, before and after tax?

Last edited:

Watermelon 335

There was one for sale at the Orange County show last month. Contact me for seller info.

I tried to PM you here, but it said you don't accept PMs.
I don't give out my email address.
We probably share similar reasons.

Would you please post the name of the authorized Gibson dealer with the new 61 WH ES-335 here?
If the guitar was not new, or the dealer is not an authorized Gibson dealer, I'm not interested.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

Watermelon 335

Bump.
Nobody knows of a new Gibson 61 Warren Haynes ES-335 for sale from an authorized Gibson dealer in The USA?

riscado

Bump.
Nobody knows of a new Gibson 61 Warren Haynes ES-335 for sale from an authorized Gibson dealer in The USA?

It might prove hard to find one that matches your requirements... new and from an authorized dealer, considering the model is now almost 2 years old, out of production and only 500 were made.

As the owner of a Rusty Anderson and Warren Haynes 335s, I would definitely advise you to find one, they're really nice guitars, even if you go for a used one from non-authorized dealer.

Good luck

Last edited:

Watermelon 335

It might prove hard to find one that matches your requirements... new and from an authorized dealer, considering the model is now almost 2 years old, out of production and only 500 were made.

As the owner of a Rusty Anderson and Warren Haynes 335s, I would definitely advise you to find one, they're really nice guitars, even if you go for a used one from non-authorized dealer.

Good luck

Anyone can look up the specs but since you own both I'd love to hear your thoughts on how the RA and WH 335s compare.

What are the strongest points of each?
What do you wish each was better at?

Samguitar63

Anyone can look up the specs but since you own both I'd love to hear your thoughts on how the RA and WH 335s compare.

What are the strongest points of each?
What do you wish each was better at?

Just a "2 cents" thought here; don't overlook the ES345's either. I've picked up a 59 ES345 Memphis reissue and it's an awesome player; great action and resonance...they're superb in regards to build quality as well. Beautiful guitar...
http://www.es-335.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/mslight.jpg

Emanuelexxx

Just bought one last month. Really great guitar. Tryed everything in the shop like 3 CS335's and a Rusty Anderson but the Haynes was the best. Lightest of the bunch too (heaviest was the Rusty Anderson)

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
I also own an RA and a WH. Both are great guitars. $3200.00 seems to be the going rate for a used WH. Mark's Guitar Loft gets one in every now and again. You might want to call Mark... Good luck. :salude

riscado

I also own an RA and a WH. Both are great guitars. $3200.00 seems to be the going rate for a used WH. Mark's Guitar Loft gets one in every now and again. You might want to call Mark... Good luck. :salude

I got both of them because I really enjoyed reading Kenny's posts about the guitars and he was right on the mark, plus he's covered the differences between them very well in previous posts.

Again follow Kenny's suggestion, Mark's guitar loft as one now and then and he's a reputable dealer. I've bough many guitars from him, including both my Rusty Anderson and the Warren Haynes.

In a nuthsell the Rusty Anderson model has a bulkier neck, it's heavier (doesn't have the window cut under the bridge pickup), has more mids (whereas the Warren is hollower sounding and more hifi in a good way). I prefer the pickups on the Rusty Anderson as they sound more authentic too me, but I replaced the burstbuckers on my Warren Haynes with lollar low wind imperials.

I couldn't choose one, if you asked me, right now I love playing both of them equally.

Watermelon 335

I got both of them because I really enjoyed reading Kenny's posts about the guitars and he was right on the mark, plus he's covered the differences between them very well in previous posts.

Again follow Kenny's suggestion, Mark's guitar loft as one now and then and he's a reputable dealer. I've bough many guitars from him, including both my Rusty Anderson and the Warren Haynes.

In a nuthsell the Rusty Anderson model has a bulkier neck, it's heavier (doesn't have the window cut under the bridge pickup), has more mids (whereas the Warren is hollower sounding and more hifi in a good way). I prefer the pickups on the Rusty Anderson as they sound more authentic too me, but I replaced the burstbuckers on my Warren Haynes with lollar low wind imperials.

I couldn't choose one, if you asked me, right now I love playing both of them equally.

Thank you very much.

Quote: "I got both of them because I really enjoyed reading Kenny's posts about the guitars and he was right on the mark, plus he's covered the differences between them very well in previous posts."

I'm going to search through his posts ... Yikes! ... he has 1639 posts.

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Here are my two...

WH-199
21329743170_dcf76815e7_b.jpg

RA-202
21491569106_96f9b7d6f3_b.jpg