• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fake Fenders (in a good way)

kiwi burst

Any others succumbed to independent builders? Two favorites. A Chad Underwood Strat and a Nachocaster.
IMG_2680_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Don

Kind of...

I assembled my "Tele" with a USACG body and neck and my "Strat" with a Fender body and USACG neck (which I tinted since taking this pic year ago). They both have Fralin pickups.
These are nothing fancy- no nitro finishes or aging- just work horses that work and play like a Tele and Strat should.
strattele.jpg

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
No problem. I moved it. Chad makes killer guitars. So does Nacho.

Marcel M

I bought this a year or so ago. Made by a local guy here in Brooklyn. Goes by the name of Whipple. I'd take some photos myself but I'm away, I just found these still up on the dealers site. Has a really nice flamed neck. I was in the market for a Fender but I ultimately preferred this to everything else I tried. Has a really nice french polish finish.

Edit: Has a compound radius, 9.5 - 14. First time I've owned a guitar with something like this. Its pretty cool. Chunkiest neck I own, very very fat. It also has a push push to get neck and bridge together.

16026_00.jpg

16026_01.jpg

16026_02.jpg
16026_03.jpg
16026_04.jpg

Last edited:

lpnv59

All Access/Backstage Pass
One of my best T-styles, made from a USACG body and Warmoth neck.
DSC01277.JPG

DSC01276.JPG

CoyotesGator

I bought this a year or so ago. Made by a local guy here in Brooklyn. Goes by the name of Whipple. I'd take some photos myself but I'm away, I just found these still up on the dealers site. Has a really nice flamed neck. I was in the market for a Fender but I ultimately preferred this to everything else I tried. Has a really nice french polish finish.

Edit: Has a compound radius, 9.5 - 14. First time I've owned a guitar with something like this. Its pretty cool. Chunkiest neck I own, very very fat. It also has a push push to get neck and bridge together.

16026_00.jpg

16026_01.jpg

16026_02.jpg
16026_03.jpg
16026_04.jpg

Stunning.

Dribbled my Margarita all over myself when I saw this.

csgband

I am looking at a older Fender logo Chad Underwood Tele.
The problem is I have no way of knowing if it is an Underwood.
I have only seen photos, Looks great and the specs are good.
The guy was nice enough to pull the neck.
No signature and the body seems to be an All parts.
I do not think Chad made his own bodies or necks.
Any thoughts?
Thanks, Chris