• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Odd LSLP

guitplayer

Thanks T.
To me thats fun stuff.
I like how the guitar stayed in tune throughout the ma lay.:salude

Progrocker111

Wow, what a great tone and playing too. Sounds like great 50s originals. :dude: Which amp was used?

guitplayer

:dude:
I`m playing thru a G-Dec 30. Country version.:hank

Good practice amp. I replaced stock speaker with a 8 in celestion and
added a ext. out for a 112. Will get loud enough to cover drums, etc...barely.:)
Has an SD card for learning parts . Slows down w/o
changing pitch. Lotsa sounds. Remote swt.

Progrocker111

I think they used a veneer overlay made from holly till about later '70 or so before converting over to the plastic overlay.

They converted to plastic overlay in mid to late 1971. All early 71 i ever had or saw still had wood veneer.

akkermanfan

As requested. A 537xxx Goldtop (with 69 style cavity) that was utterly thrashed and getting a retop. The OP's guitar is a 525, I still think someone goofed and meant to stamp 535 which would make it nearly identical to the guitar in the picture below.

69 one piece 537xxx.jpg
Hi moonweasel, so the routed step one can see in the control cavity, is part of the thin maple layer just under the maple cap ? Thanks and best regards, akkermanfan
GibsonLesPaul69Standard82LABEL_zps7bcc977c.jpg