• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Raw LP Body Weight

Kevin L.

Couldn't get an answer in the Historic pub. Maybe someone here, who has done a restoration, can help me.

Can anyone tell me weights (range, average, anything!) of a "raw" LP body, the mahogany and maple with nothing else on it?

Thanks guys!!

Big Al

There is no one weight. You probably know they vary a lot in weight. If you just gotta know, strip your guitar an weigh it.

expo

body 2.3 kg, 0.7 kg neck, 1 kg hardware, trussrod, fretboard....

But all the wood can differ a lot

Kevin L.

There is no one weight. You probably know they vary a lot in weight. If you just gotta know, strip your guitar an weigh it.

Yes, Big Al, I probably should have asked for any range of weight. I didn't know if there would be any answers to this request. You are thinking in reverse from what a friend is doing, which is attempting to build a Les Paul style guitar. I am wondering if the raw body weight is within vintage specs.