• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Then Play On ~ Fleetwood Mac

Unbound Dot Neck

Just heard this, not Rumours !!
In house on da turn table. nice. I thought I knew these tunes, but from whom

I am so behind the times.. old man , indeed

:hank :## :jim :salude

goldtop0

I'm not sold on this album, there's a couple of good tracks(the great Oh Well and Rattlesnake Shake) but otherwise it doesn't do it for me, and unlike their other early outings that I really get into.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I find it an incredible album showing Peter in top form, but also the growth of Fleetwood Mac into a solid band beyond the "blues" label. The first song, Coming You Way shows the real change.
One of my all time favorites.
Madge two times!! :yah
Underway. :2cool

blewsbreaker

I find it an incredible album showing Peter in top form, but also the growth of Fleetwood Mac into a solid band beyond the "blues" label. The first song, Coming You Way shows the real change.

Hell yes :dude:

sidekick

I also think it an incredible album ... :salude

Wonder whether 'Closing My Eyes' shows how Peter was developing in some greater 'spiritual depth' as a songwriter(?), and I've often also thought that track could sit really well within a disillusioned 'loner type' movie soundtrack.

The lyrics in 'Before The Beginning' convey Peter's "blues" too, even though not in the typical "blues" format that perhaps most are generally more familiar with.

Unbound Dot Neck

I have a live album, Shrine 69 thats got some outstanding playing on it,
the solo on Before the Beginning , is really a master piece.

:hank

sidekick

I have a live album, Shrine 69 thats got some outstanding playing on it,
the solo on Before the Beginning , is really a master piece.

:hank

Yep ... the instrumental before the lyrics came to pass ... :peace2

That must have been some performance for those then present to see, as, (if my memory serves me well) FM were the second or 'back up' band ... :salude

TwoTubMan

There's a FM documentary that runs on AXS, the entire album merits a single sentence where the announcer refers to it as

""They Play On"...

JJ Blair

This is such a special album to me. The only tunes hat lose me are the "Madge" jams. But the songs are wonderful. Danny's instrumental always kills me. Showbiz Blues is so revealing.

Professortwang

Then Play on is a good recording however the greatest for me was recorded in Boston released as the three volume Boston tea party set. My only complaint is the recording contains some questionable material like Tutti Frutti, luckily there are not a lot of like tunes. Green is brilliant! I never get tired of his playing. For me what sets him apart is his melodic sense. The new Mayall recording live in '67 is also fantastic.

c_wester

Then play on is one of the Best Acid Rock Records ever.
Its not just hard blues being hammered over ones head(altough i love that to).
Its has real compostions that really convey the artists emotional vision.

This Album and Live at the BBC had a huge impact on my Life.