• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

How a beat up early 1969 LP Std became "The Swan" The Story of 53774X

Anje

Great resurrection Fred! The guitar looks great. And great pic with that Bluesbreaker :salude

FlyingFred67

So finally got it managed to make a short movie to demonstrate how "The Swan" sounds thru my 1966 Marshall JTM 45 MK IV Combo.
Please excuse my awful bad playing:dang:dang but should give you guys an Impression.

http://youtu.be/kkKuvUjuJOs

Have Fun and Rock your old Les Pauls

pit_s_xroad

:3zoneHi,

wow, what a story... as much as the first pics do hurt to look at as much the result pleases the eyes and ears now. What a wonderful guitar it became. Congrats to this well-done Project. So that's how the true story goes of how an ugly duck became splendid swan :3zone :jim

Viele Grüße,
PIT... :salude

brandtkronholm

Peter, do you work for - are are you Wesson Green?

Although I asked in a previous thread, I'll ask again: "Who is this Wesson Green person?"

latestarter

Peter, do you work for - are are you Wesson Green?

Although I asked in a previous thread, I'll ask again: "Who is this Wesson Green person?"

Looks to be text book rock band from Germany, and Wesson is the front guy. And from a totally nil-fact-based position I would assume he made his money not from music, but now enjoys some good gear, making music with friends, to which I would say " good on him/them"!

Peter-K

Looks to be text book rock band from Germany, and Wesson is the front guy. And from a totally nil-fact-based position I would assume he made his money not from music, but now enjoys some good gear, making music with friends, to which I would say " good on him/them"!

I'm not sure, if it's a good idea to anser you to your post.
But I think, I have to.
I'm Peter from Munich in Germany and I wish I could sing and play like that guy.
I just have a few nice late 60th vintage guitars. Nothing important on my guitars.

I just play in a little blues band here in Munich, but we just play and have no real gigs.

But I like the Vintage guitars sound from Gibson and Fender.

I think you forget, that you are blessed to life in a country, where this guitars where made. In America you habe hunderes of great guitars players and band, who has played real vintage guitars. You country is the sourse of that sounds and music.
Dueane Allman, Billy Gibbons, Don Felder..... and at last Joe Bonnamasa.

You are blessed, because we does not have that in germany. I knew a hand full of guitar player, who uses vintage guitars. Most of them are blues musicians, who cover you great american blues songs.

German music never hat the quality of your musicians. You have so man stars and great songwriters. The only other country who can say that is GB.

The rest of the world does not have this culture and background.

I bet, you don't know many german singer songwriter or bands. I guess the only german bands, that are probably known are: The Scorpions, Ramstein or Tokio Hotel. But this is not the musik I hear.

I love your american music so much.

You have the Soul-, the Blues-, Jazz- and the Rock Bands, who have the best bands in the world.

I wished german musicians could be like that. So I was so happy to find a nice little german pop song, with vintage guitars, that I wanted to share that with you.

I just joint you forum to comunicate and to learn from you guys. Cause you know so much about guitars.

So I started the post. But the you comments you weren't friendly. I did not wanted to bother anyone of you.

So I don't feel welcome.

Probaly you are more interested on the vinatge instrumens, than to music.

By the way I have contact to a few german vintage collectors. Most of them can even play three cords. They are far away from beeing muscians or songwriters. Most of them are rich guys with sucsessfull companys or jobs.

So most of the guitars end up hands that could not play the guitars well. It's sad, but I guess thats the way it goes.

So I apologize for posting things you are not intersed in.

Please enjoy your forum, you great country and you fantastic musicians.

Peter

Bruce R

Last Sunday I first played it live at a Bluesfestival WOW Sounds really amazing!
r48kjsa8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Hello, Fred! This is Bruce from Ventura, CA! I am so glad to read the story of this guitar, it came out beautiful - the Burst you always wanted! I also love your '69 Custom, it is just like my '69 Custom! I hope your wife & sons are doing well. Cheers!

El Gringo

But I think, I have to.
I'm Peter from Munich in Germany and I wish I could sing and play like that guy.
I just have a few nice late 60th vintage guitars. Nothing important on my guitars.

I just play in a little blues band here in Munich, but we just play and have no real gigs.

I think you forget, that you are blessed to life in a country, where this guitars where made. In America you habe hunderes of great guitars players and band, who has played real vintage guitars. You country is the sourse of that sounds and music.

You are blessed, because we does not have that in germany. I knew a hand full of guitar player, who uses vintage guitars. Most of them are blues musicians, who cover you great american blues songs.

German music never hat the quality of your musicians. You have so man stars and great songwriters. The only other country who can say that is GB.

I bet, you don't know many german singer songwriter or bands. I guess the only german bands, that are probably known are: The Scorpions, Ramstein or Tokio Hotel. But this is not the musik I hear.

You have the Soul-, the Blues-, Jazz- and the Rock Bands, who have the best bands in the world.

I wished german musicians could be like that. So I was so happy to find a nice little german pop song, with vintage guitars, that I wanted to share that with you.

I just joint you forum to comunicate and to learn from you guys. Cause you know so much about guitars.

So I started the post. But the you comments you weren't friendly. I did not wanted to bother anyone of you.

So I don't feel welcome.

By the way I have contact to a few german vintage collectors. Most of them can even play three cords. They are far away from beeing muscians or songwriters. Most of them are rich guys with sucsessfull companys or jobs.

So most of the guitars end up hands that could not play the guitars well. It's sad, but I guess thats the way it goes.

Peter

Welcome , I for one enjoyed reading your post and look forward for more of your posts and I only speak for myself but I am here to learn more about my favorite instrument The Gibson Les Paul . Please do not hesitate to post more and feel free to ask any questions you might have ok !

latestarter

But I think, I have to.

So I don't feel welcome.

Peter

Hello from New Zealand (not USA).

Not sure if my post was what made you feel unwelcome but I apologise if so. Let me explain though - I was responding to a specific question about this Wessen person, who I know almost nothing about (and have admitted so). And my comments were of a positive nature (well, "text book rock" might be read as criticism...but to me, that's how they sound). In terms of the guitar, well, I think it looks great.

I think you probably need to lean back in a comfy chair and drink some of that beer that Germany is famous for, and relax. We're all here for fun.

lucky88

very cool, always wondered what mine would look like, all of the pic posts are supper interesting, thanks for taking the time to post.
Cheers,

Sol

Flyingfred67,
I just want to thank you for the most interesting and informative thread/article I've seen for some time. The journey you've documented with this guitar contains details of guitar reconstruction I've not personally seen before in this detail. (Others may have, of course).

Should you and your luthier colleague ever choose to publish an article detailing the process and the issues that had to be overcome, that has resulted in such a stunning outcome , would be of interest on this forum, and many other places besides.

BTW, we would love to hear more of your "Swan"..

barsinister

But I think, I have to.

So I don't feel welcome.

Peter

Thank you, you know I LOVE touring Germany cant wait to come back!