• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson quality control

one

I look at a very large number of guitars, but still, my impressions, like those of most people posting here, reflect a relatively small sample size. Based on what I have seen, Gibson has progressed from releasing many flawed or poorly executed guitars to releasing consistenly fine pieces. I do think there are still more errors than there should be, and while I would not describe CS standards as "impeccable," I do think most recent releases have been excellent. In my own building and repair, I learned that great work is produced only when the worker is committed and invested in achieving superior results. For a while, Gibson was being described as a place where workers were dissatisfied, and I wonder if that contributed to the issue of underwhelming quality and tolerance for mediocre results. And, of course, it's infinitely easier to finish and assemble a Strat than it is to complete a LP.