• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Historic vs. True Historic

emg32

Collectors can nit pick all they want IMO. TH, HS, CC, Artist run, whatever serial number a guy at Gibson wants to stamp. It still won't make any Historic Reissue a Original Burst and as many Historic Reissue that are in the world already very few of them are ever going to be collectors items. Including the TH's, which Gibson will make more of in 2016, 2017, etc...

class5lp

Okay, so CS have simply called the THs something else...........HS........and as you say collectors will run a mile:lol

Good lord there's now TH, CS and HS.........what's gonna be happenin' in '16:hmm

No no no. You guys are getting this all wrong I think. I hope this helps. True Historic's are limited to only 800 pieces and that's it. There are no more in 2015 and they are all allocated for by Gibson according to dealer sales and other factors. Dealers cant order a 59/60 True Historic as once again they are allocated however they may able to order 58's or any of the less popular years other than the 59/60. They all have the vintage correct 5 digit serial numbers.

Now if a dealer wants to do a custom order or a made to measure they can still do that but the guitar wont have the period correct 5 digit serial number and they may or may not have all the 2015 True Historic specs depending on how they were ordered. They are called Historic Selects and the serial numbers look like this, HS9 5050. You can order a made to measure historic select with all the exact same specs as a true historic but the serial number will be the HS serial number.

Example: My 59 Believer Burst that is posted here is a 2015 Historic Select guitar. It has all the 2015 TH specs but it is not part of the True Historic series and was a special order for the Japan dealers only and painted by Murphy.

class5lp

Collectors can nit pick all they want IMO. TH, HS, CC, Artist run, whatever serial number a guy at Gibson wants to stamp. It still won't make any Historic Reissue a Original Burst and as many Historic Reissue that are in the world already very few of them are ever going to be collectors items. Including the TH's, which Gibson will make more of in 2016, 2017, etc...

Duly noted but once again not quite correct in my opinion. You cant tell me that a 2015 Historic Select one of only 22 guitars painted by Murphy is no more rare that any 2014 59 reissue.

goldtop0

Thanks class5 but I was simply making the point that there are a lot of different types of LPs from the Custom Shop.......and so the list goes on......for example it's like the variation in the specs for a model of car.

Jwehrman

I had a True Historic '16. It was a great guitar for where I was at in terms of buying knowledge, etc. My first grown up guitar. And I wanted my first to be brand new for vanity purposes I suppose. Would I pay the same for that now? No. I traded it for a painted and aged Murphy. I bought it used, albeit at a pretty penny, but cheaper nonetheless. I would only buy a more "current" reissue used. If I ever get a third, it will be another painted and aged Murphy, but used. I cannot justify Wildwood's price. I know some folk will argue the merits of Murphy's work, but to my hands and ears it fits best. Someone posted they would only go the used market, which now I understand why. But I totally understand the impulse to buy new if it's a first.

renderit

HS were built for order.
I.E. M2M TH's.
Using TH specs.
YOU chose the color, setup, and other options.
Fantastic guitars.

36277629336_741d440006_4k.jpg