• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Blackguard passion-

sglp63

Beautiful. Who did it?

I don't know. I bought it over the Internet at a Heritage Auction a couple of years ago; having bid the opening bid price (admittedly comparatively high by previous standards), I was expecting to be outbid but ended up winning the auction. When I received the guitar, I could see why there were no further bids, as someone - presumably not the pro who had done the refin, which was pretty good as one can also see from the pics with the pickguard removed - had added some fairly unsightly razor (or more likely carpet knife) checking. One can see it on the lower picture.

I took it to Mathias Schindehütte in Frankfurt, who tried to get rid of the checking by heating the finish. This worked at first, but the false checking kept reappearing after a while. Mathias solved the problem in the end by putting the body in the freezer and, with the additional relicing, it looks great, as the original checking, which is still there, has merged with the "real" checking.

Unbound Dot Neck

Joe , which one stands out tone wise , your thoughts please.. !
#3 from the left. Or #2 from the right ~ played vs. hardly
Chris in DC !!!

:salude
Here is a modest contribution to this thread from Joe Bonamassa! Now there's some Blackguard passion! Wow! :dude:

Joe_Bonamassa_Vintage_Teles.JPG

JBLPplayer

Just a little info on the orange couch of doom shot..
Right to Left... 50 Broadcaster, 53 Tele, 51 Tele, 52 Tele, 53 Tele, 51 Nocaster with a PAF, and 52 Tele with a Patent Number formerly owned by Terry Reid. :salude
Joe B

251blckgrds

Right to Left... 50 Broadcaster, 53 Tele, 51 Tele, 52 Tele, 53 Tele, 51 Nocaster with a PAF, and 52 Tele with a Patent Number formerly owned by Terry Reid. :salude
Joe B
Why no Esquire ? Are you an anti-esquireite ? They do bring something to the tone table. :)

Michael Minnis

Joe B

Thanks for the rundown, Joe. I sent this link to Nacho so he can admire your collection!

58burst

Leave it to the rockstar to upstage everybody! (Totally jealous...:rofl)

sglp63

Joe B

Awesome...

What's also interesting is that Terry Reid was one of the support acts on the Stones '69 US Tour. I wonder if your Blackguard was the inspiration for Keith Richards adding a Humbucker to Micawber, which he picked up in '72 with a stock neck pickup.

sonicdom

Joe B

great collection! would you share the serial numbers? i am a number nut...

dom

58burst

(I believe) You have to post your pics on a (free) hosting site, then you can insert links to those pics in your posts here-