• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Podcasts

lure555

Swirling Vortex of Sound, Classic Club
I've recently become addicted to Podcasts. I guess it started with the very popular Serial. Then it was Pete Holmes' "You Made It Weird." Even though it's centered on comedians and their work, the podcast itself is, a lot of times, takes more philosophical spin. Recently, I've discovered a couple cool ones with a focus on guitar, Joe B's "The Pickup" and "60 Cycle Hum." Each are always entertaining and informative. Any others I should check out?

J T

BTR (BreakThruRadio) is good. Lots of new indie artists. I always download a couple of "radio" shows per week for the subway rides.

sonar

Podcasts have been a road trip staple for years. WTF, The Nerdist and a few of the NPR shows are a good start.

Stephens

For some great guitar geek out; I recommend Joe Bonamassa's podcast "The Pickup". Great stuff!

lure555

Swirling Vortex of Sound, Classic Club
Chasing Tone is highly entertaining! Put on by the guys at Wampler pedals.

E.M.

I thought I would resurrect this thread since it dates to 2015 and podcasts have evolved since that time.

Been listening to "No Guitar is Safe" with Jude Gold, which is decent, somewhat metal focused, but not always.

Any other guitar-focused podcasts out there that people recommend?

greg-delta

Les Paul Froum Member
I'm not a huge fan of podcasts. I mean, I like SOME, but I don't watch any religiously. The guest or discussion has to be something or someone I really like.

EDIT: I did remember I listened to most of a Prince podcast called "Peach and Black", because I am an admitted Prince superfan

I think Ted Nugent on Joe Rogan was really good. Duncan Trussel's podcast is pretty good from the few I've heard. I did listen to a Kevin Smith podcast with author Grant Morrison and it literally changed my life and I relisten to it yearly....it was in so many words, a religious sermon, at least to me.

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Any other guitar-focused podcasts out there that people recommend?

I don't listen to any music-related podcasts, but I do like watching That Pedal Show, Rick Beato, and some of videos that Sweetwater churns out when I'm on the treadmill.

DvnLesPaul

All Access/Backstage Pass
Does Tom Bukovacs YouTube "Home Skoolin'" count?
I've been hooked since pandemic onset.

Plenty of interesting guitars and insight, even real burst content