• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pre CBS Fender Neck Size Stamps

El Gringo

How about a B stamped neck on a 1969 Fender Custom Telecaster ? I was told it was a good sized neck ?

El Gringo

While we are talking about 1969 Fender maple necks , would this be a maple cap neck ? or a 1 piece neck ?

El Gringo

Update time , I got the Custom Telecaster (3 color Sunburst with a flame maple neck, 1 piece with skunk stripe ) in last night and it is mind blowing great . The neck is the biggest of my 6 Fender instruments (including 3 CS ) and such a nice feeling neck and has some heft to it as well . The tone is to die for and after playing around a bit with the pickup selector switch and trying out the front, middle , and back selections I was able to dial in some human riffmaster Keff Keith Richards tones of which I just love so much .I will be the first to admit that I am not a fan of Alder body with Maple neck Fender's as I feel they are a tad to bright for my ears and am partial to ash body Fenders with Maple necks , this guitar is not the case . I can clearly say that there is something to a 50 year old aged piece of Alder , because this 1969 Fender Custom Telecaster has tone/vibe to die for . The price tag was not cheap for a 50 year old guitar but it is worth every penny I paid for , from the feel of the neck , to the pickups, to the sound and tone , this guitar is a winner !!!!!!!!!!!! I have always wanted a double bound Custom Telecaster because I feel they are a great looking Telecaster all dressed up in there deluxe appointments and I figured I would have a Fender Custom Shop Custom Telecaster until this one fell into my lap literally courtesy of Gruhn Guitars in Nashville . I asked about it's provenance being that it resided in Music Row in Nashville and what I found out was that it was part of George Gruhn display of Vintage instruments at Belmont University in Nashville until this past Spring and now it resides in my home . This guitar is all original and dead mint and I will maintain it's originality as it works for me and who am I to mess with Leo (CBS) perfection ! Thank You to Gruhn Guitars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guitarguy1962

Remember, Fender also used these same codes for bass necks. The Jazz Bass is always an A code (1-1/2”). The A code was available as an option on the Precision Bass, but the vast majority of Precision necks from the early to mid 60s are C code (1-3/4”). By the 70s, the B code necks became more common on Precisions while the Jazz kept the A neck.