• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1960 Gibson Les Paul Standard, “Burst” All 59’ Features

Coil

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
GIE0841_bodft.jpg

1960 Gibson Les Paul Standard, “Burst” All 59’ Features, Sunburst, Big full neck, Two PAF’s, Stop tail, Tune-O-Matic, Beautifully Flamed Maple Top, Fabulous sound & playability, Neck perfectly repaired by Gibson in the 60’s, Comfortable weight, Hang Tags & case candy, Nice Original Brown hard case, EC, $199,000

Tom Wittrock says:
I do thank you for the higher resolution photos ... far better than any I took. And I am happy to refer people to you, which I do. I just think it deserves more info than the small amount on your description and the one photo of the back of the headstock. Explaining the "shim" is a great start. That explains why there are no added wings showing, and ends the speculation of a grafted headstock.

On the back of the headstock there is a thin piece of wood (shim), the shape of a stinger to add strength. This repair was done by Gibson in the 60’s. The headstock was never broken off. There is no graft to the headstock.

It’s solid as a rock, guaranteed! Stunning early 1960 Burst with all 1959 features. Big 1959 neck with original factory large frets.

1960-gibson-les-paul-standard-%E2%80%9Cburst%E2%80%9D-all-59%E2%80%99-features

Last edited:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Could you please give us details and photos of the neck repair? :hmm

:salude

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Tom, many more photos on Gary's web site. :jim

There is only one photo of the back of the headstock, which I not self explanatory.
I have had several people ask me about it, and I was hoping Gary's would go into detail [which is also not in the listing]. :)

Coil

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
Could you please give us details and photos of the neck repair? :hmm

:salude

TW59 says:
I do thank you for the higher resolution photos ... far better than any I took. And I am happy to refer people to you, which I do. I just think it deserves more info than the small amount on your description and the one photo of the back of the headstock. Explaining the "shim" is a great start. That explains why there are no added wings showing, and ends the speculation of a grafted headstock.

On the back of the headstock there is a thin piece of wood (shim), the shape of a stinger to add strength. This repair was done by Gibson in the 60’s. The headstock was never broken off. There is no graft to the headstock.
It’s solid as a rock, guaranteed! Stunning early 1960 Burst with all 1959 features. Big 1959 neck with original factory large frets.

GIE0841_hsbk-stinger.jpg

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Thanks Coil [and Gary]! :salude

If you are having trouble posting other photos, be sure to read the first thread in the Front Desk area of the LP Forum. Plus, there is a Test Area to practice with.
You can't really delete a post, but you can use the Edit Post button to remove any or all content, and maybe just leave a smilie of some kind, including this one for computer frustration: :fc

If you have further problems, contact the admin [MikeSlub] or maybe CDaughtry.
:jim