• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

CC 30A Gabby - Market price?

TFC

I trying to decide on pulling the trigger on a fine "Gabby" at my local Gibson dealer TOMORROW.

I was wondering if the market has leveled out on these as I noticed when they first hit they were all sitting in shops and online at list price ($9,799).

I own 26 guitars, most of which I purchased new and not a single one have I paid list price for. I buy on opportunity, not necessity.

Because on my previous purchasing experience, I expected 20% - 25% off list, and so far I'm just not seeing it happen.

GABBY OWNERS: Do you mind disclosing ballpark figures on what they ran you?

All opinions and insight welcome. Thanks.

...one more thing. I'm not bitching about the price, I just want to pay a fair market price where the dealer makes money and I get a great guitar without over paying.

sws1

You should be able to get 15-20% off of MAP, which is lower than list. Of course, your specific dealer may not play ball. But others will.

Brush up on those negotiation skills.

duaneflowers

They are ¥948,000 here which equates to $7975.11 at the current exchange rate... :salude

TFC

Thanks guys. I brought her home and paid a fair price where I'm happy and the dealer made some money.

All is right with the world.

MikeSlub

Administrator
Just a reminder on LP Forum rules: we don't allow the public disclosure of price comparisons here.

TFC

Just a reminder on LP Forum rules: we don't allow the public disclosure of price comparisons here.

I will follow the rules, but I’m curious as to why the rules exists in the first place.

Can you explain please? Thanks.

Maxmc

What about a few photos of your new acquisition first. :yah

renderit

I will follow the rules, but I’m curious as to why the rules exists in the first place.

Can you explain please? Thanks.

Some people buy many guitars and the prices they pay may be lower than those who don't buy often.

Happens all the time in virtually every retail sale.

If you compare purchase prices the vendor starts getting pissy requests from people who don't honor them with return business.

It's a lose-lose situation that accomplishes nothing other than generating bad feelings.

[FONT=&quot]Because it's like asking about the condition of your underwear.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Just because you wear them I really don't want to know![/FONT]

El Gringo

Some people buy many guitars and the prices they pay may be lower than those who don't buy often.

Happens all the time in virtually every retail sale.

If you compare purchase prices the vendor starts getting pissy requests from people who don't honor them with return business.

It's a lose-lose situation that accomplishes nothing other than generating bad feelings.

Because it's like asking about the condition of your underwear.

Just because you wear them I really don't want to know!

Very good explanation .