• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

OX4 PAF's

duaneflowers

Nothing I've ever noticed but I've heard the pickup plastic and smell thing from a few winders and luthiers who claim there is something to it (the smell just denotes that its the right plastic). Something about absorbing/repeling vibration to the degree that they should... :hmm

duaneflowers

This tells me they could make them smell like bacon.

5daHgOn.jpg

alainguitars

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest". Happened to hear "The Boxer" today.
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest."

57gold

This tells me they could make them smell like bacon.

But the 1950s PU rings didn't smell like bacon...so for folks restoring old guitars or making new ones targeting vintage tone, might prefer them to be made like to 1950s ones and NOT smell like bacon.

Whilst I love bacon and its mouthwatering odor, I'd prefer it with eggs or in my BLT.

Trying to control my urges to drool all over my vintage style instruments.

duaneflowers

But the 1950s PU rings didn't smell like bacon...so for folks restoring old guitars or making new ones targeting vintage tone, might prefer them to be made like to 1950s ones and NOT smell like bacon.

Whilst I love bacon and its mouthwatering odor, I'd prefer it with eggs or in my BLT.

Trying to control my urges to drool all over my vintage style instruments.

5daHgOn.jpg

57gold

duaneflowers - unfortunately, as an older bald guy that could afford to drop 20 lbs, I resemble the bacon sniffer more than I would like.

Must also comment that your avatar photo may be one of the most seductively beautiful displays of an LP, like ever.