• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Best Companies For Strat Neck And Body

RnB

I must have built 100 guitars w/ Warmoth necks & while they play & look great, I believe the frets are finished off moreso w/ Musikraft necks. They also have more options to choose from & their Cust Svc is top notch. The upshot for Warmoth's Showcase...you can see the actual item you might be buying, plus they give the weights for their bodies. I do have a USACG vintage style V-neck w/ a 7.25 - 9 cmd radius, 6100 frets & it plays like a dream. Any of these 3 companies can make you a quality neck. Warmoth & Musikraft are both licensed by Fender, USA isn't. Various other places want to charge for any add-on's that drive the basic price up (like contours & pickup routs). I can't go for that...!

As an aside: Allparts necks aren't too shabby either.

Although you will probably spend a considerable amt of $ building a Partscaster that's going to sound, play & look great, don't expect it to see a big return on it should you decide to move it later on. They just don't have the provenance the Fender name carries. If it's keeper, don't worry about it. I've sunk up $1500 on various clone builds that I'll never see the dollars I initially put into it, plus the labor. Finishing a body & neck alone is time consuming, esp if you've never done it. If you're handy, take it on as a project. If not, buy one that's already finished. I'll say this, I get loads of fulfillment playing the guitars I've made. :jim