• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Joe B.'s new lesson for us....playing Linny, a 59 burst!

sillytele

What I really appreciate about you Joe, is that you get better the more you play. Playing an instrument is one of life's great pleasures and playing guitar has made the ups and downs in life bearable and often joyous. I had a choice when I was young, play guitar or play sports, I'm glad I chose guitar.
Thanks for being an inspiration Joe:salude

tdarian

Would this have really been the same without the LPF Tone Hat? Thanks for going the extra mile, Joe!

Minibucker

I alternate from picking to some fingerpicking, but I can't 'strike' with my thumb the way that he does (usually use my index finger as a 'pick' for that). However, after watching this video I'm going to start practicing to get it down.

Last edited:

mistersnappy

Thats a great sounding Lester. And, here's to the pickless amongst us! :2cool

Burrmanchu

What's over there on the right? lol

Srsly tho.. so cool that you do this. Thx Joe! :salude

Pianodoc

Wonderful lesson Joe! Thank you for once again taking the time to give us a lesson! This is something I'm going to be working on, because right now I am helpless without a pick (or even any other pick besides a Jazz III, I used to use the Herco Nylon picks that dunlop makes, but they are like using a tortilla chip after using Jazz III's).

Also that looks like a KILLER new burst, any details on that one?

I have a request for the next, and I would be incredibly grateful if this is something you could cover. This is something I struggle with and have been wanting to learn more about, and I figure who better to learn it from than a virtuoso guitarist such as yourself. What I would really like to learn is soloing over chord changes, particularly utilizing scales and arpeggios over chords both in a blues context as well as more of a jazz context (ii-V-I's).

And if you want to get really crazy, use Coltrane's Giant Steps as an example haha ii-V-I's moving in 3rds haha. :rofl

Not to but in , Are you familiar with Jamey Aebersold? These are jazz instructional play along books cd's, they are very good ( and he also runs a jazz camp) he has a ll V l book that I think you would like. Just trying to be of help here.

les strat

Thanks JB for another great clip!

For the last few years, I have started my woodshedding at home pick-less. It has really made my playing grow, and I also feel much more confident on stage without one for certain songs as well as making me play differently with a pick.

ppgf

yamashita doesn't play with a pick and he'll pretty much destroy any guitar player.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B1ssR_oRvv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>