• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New LPF Rule: Inquiries to authenticate/legitimize a Les Paul as real or counterfeit

MikeSlub

Administrator
Dear Les Paul Forum Members,

In the past few weeks, we have experienced a few incidents when members have posted an inquiry as to whether a Les Paul is real or counterfeit/fake.

One of the benefits of membership in the Les Paul Forum is the ability to help one another with information about guitars, including help with authenticating them.

However, we must avoid the unintended consequences of questioning the authenticity of a guitar on a whim, thus becoming armchair "judge and jury", and putting an owner of what may be a legitimate guitar in the position of having to defend the authenticity of their instrument.

So - it is okay to ask for help in authenticating a guitar, but we require that you include the reason for your inquiry so that the Les Paul Forum does not become an indiscriminate "witch hunt". If you do not include a reason for your inquiry, your thread or post will be deleted by the Moderators.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with this requirement. :eek:la:hank

Zapper

Dear Les Paul Forum Members,

In the past few weeks, we have experienced a few incidents when members have posted an inquiry as to whether a Les Paul is real or counterfeit/fake.

One of the benefits of membership in the Les Paul Forum is the ability to help one another with information about guitars, including help with authenticating them.

However, we must avoid the unintended consequences of questioning the authenticity of a guitar on a whim, thus becoming armchair "judge and jury", and putting an owner of what may be a legitimate guitar in the position of having to defend the authenticity of their instrument.

So - it is okay to ask for help in authenticating a guitar, but we require that you include the reason for your inquiry so that the Les Paul Forum does not become an indiscriminate "witch hunt". If you do not include a reason for your inquiry, your thread or post will be deleted by the Moderators.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with this requirement. :eek:la:hank

The Les Paul Forum becoming a 'witch hunt' LOL..?! I only signed up to it to find some parts to "restore my 1960 Burst"...... but then all hell broke loose!!! And thank Heavens it did..!! Otherwise I'd now be a few thousand bucks lighter....

So THANK YOU Forum members for your time, effort and above all extraordinary expertise! :):hank

S. Weiger

The Les Paul Forum becoming a 'witch hunt' LOL..?! I only signed up to it to find some parts to "restore my 1960 Burst"...... but then all hell broke loose!!! And thank Heavens it did..!! Otherwise I'd now be a few thousand bucks lighter....

So THANK YOU Forum members for your time, effort and above all extraordinary expertise! :):hank

:salude

duaneflowers

I think this is a great change in policy and for the same reasons I wouldn't mind seeing similar inquiries concerning authentication/legitimization of Original PAFs added to the rule.

Zapper

I think this is a great change in policy and for the same reasons I wouldn't mind seeing similar inquiries concerning authentication/legitimization of Original PAFs added to the rule.

I agree, great idea... for both the guitar, and PAFs etc. Maybe 'suggest' a small donation towards the upkeep of the forum in exchange for its members expertise. Seems only fair, and is the reason I have now donated.

Minibucker

The witch hunt was half the fun sometimes...from a spectator standpoint...

deer-eating.gif

But understood. Always enriching to read through and learn.

Last edited: