• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

9 1259

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
It's not my photo, simple as that. I believe it's coming out in Vic's new book.

Tom, I sent the photo to the same account you've always been on. I'll try again, but please don't share. I know others won't thank me, but it's simply not mine to make public domain.

Emails can be mysterious, that's for sure!
You can use sunburst 2 at mindspring dot com
or ... tom at thirdeyeguitar dot com

The first one is better, and I will be happy to keep it private. :salude

ourmaninthenorth

thanks for reposting those pix Paul

:salude Pleasure Gary.

Here's a question, perhaps some of the "older hands" can share their experience?

It seems accepted that the guitar shown is a top and back of neck refin, perhaps done some time in the 70's...is it beyond reasonableness to suggest that the serial number was in some way re-instated in a random fashion by those that refinished it?...ie for whatever reason not the same number as original? EDIT - something already suggested in post #76 by John - that I didn't read properly - apologies.

Is this something that the collective experience has seen before?

Last edited:

ourmaninthenorth

John, send me the mail you're trying to get to Tom, I'll forward it to Tom and see if that works.

Discretion is of course assured.

hoss

Probably some anti-spam issues, email has gotten pretty unreliable. I mostly send pics in WhatsApp now, or iMessage if they are Apple users.

sws1

How about you post it here, and we all promise to close our eyes when we scroll to that specific post? ;)

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I don't need the photo, I'm just interested.
It will all work out, I'm sure. :salude

F-Hole

Aha! That was blocked. I must have gotten some spam from someone else with that domain.
It is unblocked now.
Sorry!! :##

Was wondering why you didn't response to my offer to gift you guitars..............:jim