• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

9 1259

garywright

not the greatest ...tried to knock a little brightness off ...but at least it is bigger :jim

garywright

..I musta searched over an hour to find the ones I posted ...hopefully someone enjoyed them

Rev.WillieVK

So if I read this post correctly, this is a 'player's guitar' that was totally stripped of vintage parts, possibly refinished or made shiny again, sold with '70s parts, and then was eventually bought by somebody who put vintage parts back on it? :hmm

no sorry, but an this is a bit of a funny story, the guy who owns it lives in a small village where basically the population consists of fishermen or musicians or both, they share about 10 surnames amongst themselves (they did not take to well towards strangers in the old days) and they like everything to be new and shiny.
I used to work in a guitarshop in that village and given a choice the customer always went for the most expensive guitar, not perhaps the best guitar, anyway when this guy left BZN ("the band without name" ) another guy took over as leadguitarist and the band bought his equipment. When he died some years ago the band decided to sell his gear however before doing so his guitars needed to be refurbished; all the hardware and electronics were thrown away, there were lucklily not pafs but t tops and other early seventies late hardware, everything was in working order but it did not look new anymore so it had to go
So my guess is that he just replaced them at one point and threw the old ones away.
The guy he bought it from was an active trader in bursts, as he had a choice of 3 bursts, that could have been Piets Visser who I know actively bought them out of Sweden at the time, but that is a guess from my side

fred dons

So if I read this post correctly, this is a 'player's guitar' that was totally stripped of vintage parts, possibly refinished or made shiny again, sold with '70s parts, and then was eventually bought by somebody who put vintage parts back on it? :hmm

no you did not read this correctly, this guitar he had refretted at least twice and problably had pickup rings exchanged after 81, the shiny part is in reference to another les paul of the same band but is otherwise unrelated to this burst

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
The Japanese book from last year shows a different 9 1259... :hmm

9 1259.jpg

Attachments

• 9 1259.jpg
    9 1259.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 35

F-Hole

The Japanese book from last year shows a different 9 1259... :hmm

View attachment 6322

....and I believe neither are the original, or correct, 9-1259.

I was talking to the former owner of what I believe to be the original 9-1259 today, and it's an extremely distinctive guitar with provance going back to the very early 70's.

Any other 9-1259's out there?

david plues

18d0ee_af419161a199441fae0f99e485ad015c~mv2.jpg