• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2015 Les Paul Less Plus

MS 57

Funny how all the threads I have seen about the 2015 models start " I tried one at XX shop" - not " I just bought a 2015..."
I think Gibson will suffer hard from the 2015 line !
The thin body concept as such is a good idea, but when they add the wide neck, the 100 logo ect I run away screeming :dang

skhan007

Funny how all the threads I have seen about the 2015 models start " I tried one at XX shop" - not " I just bought a 2015..."
I think Gibson will suffer hard from the 2015 line !
The thin body concept as such is a good idea, but when they add the wide neck, the 100 logo ect I run away screeming :dang

You beat me to it! Yes, the thin body concept is very noble, but when I played this guitar in-person (and I was really wanting to like it) the neck just ruined the whole thing. So uncomfortably wide and thin, that it was an instant deal breaker. I played it for about 30 mins. straight, hoping my hands would get used to the feel, but no dice. That headstock shape, script, etc. was also pretty bad, but not as much a deal breaker as the feel of the neck.

MS 57

Lenny

The CS made a one-off black one-pickup LP for Joe Perry with such a thin body to tour last year or so. It wouldn't be surprising if they'd produce something nice along those lines. Gibson USA is really testing everyone's patience and taste with their goofy new models. There's a Norlin vibe building up. It's too bad as this Less + has a really lovely body shape.

toxpert

I do like the thinner body as another option.
Gibson should also note that the thin body affords the factory to make more guitars from the available wood. By spec'ing thinner blanks, they will be able to make more guitars from the logs.

I have also tried the new guitars hanging on the wall at the local GC. The tuners would not tune on the several I tried and the wide thin neck was awkward to my hands - I was not able to wrap my hand to use my thumb for fretting and past the 12th fret, the neck was too wide for my hands.

I find it interesting that several forum members comment this new design is targeted for heavy metal shredders.
I just received email literature for a heavy metal special run model...it is setup up with Floyd Rose bridge/nut , no GForce tuners, no scribbly logo. Neck looks like it has the "wide thin" thing going on.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBLPSDA

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
It's nothing new, really... It's basically an 80's Les Paul Custom Lite, without the "Custom" trim and the addition of a snap on pick guard... Not that it's a bad thing... I'm just sayin'...

DanD

Sam Ash was running an ad for that same model for $1399 not too long ago. I'd call and push for the lower price. They seem to be hanging about for an extended period so they'll probably work with you to move them.

The Sam Ash model does not have the G-Farce tuning or goofy nut and wide board. It sports a 50s neck too. Most of the Less Les models I've seen use the 60s shape.

I like that Sam Ash Custom Less run. :jim

gampadug

I just purchased one on Reverb for $1100.00 and it is AWEWOME! :peace2

Thin body with contour is the only LP I have played that is comfortable. I LOVE the neck! It is near perfect and I am an ES-335 kind of guy. The wide neck makes it impossible to miss a string/note and I can cram all of my fingers on one fret for those type of chords.

Finish is perfect!
Nice and lite.
Incredible sustain.
Wide range of tones - thanx, in part, to the coil splitter.

This is my new "go to" ax.
You NAILED it, Gibson!

Last edited:

Lend27

I just purchased one on Reverb for $1100.00 and it is AWEWOME! :peace2

Thin body with contour is the only LP I have played that is comfortable. I LOVE the neck! It is near perfect and I am an ES-335 kind of guy. The wide neck makes it impossible to miss a string/note and I can cram all of my fingers on one fret for those type of chords.

Finish is perfect!
Nice and lite.
Incredible sustain.
Wide range of tones - thanx, in part, to the coil splitter.

This is my new "go to" ax.
You NAILED it, Gibson!

I agree!
I bought one during the Sam Ash blowout sale, and it is awesome! :)

Axis39

I agree!
I bought one during the Sam Ash blowout sale, and it is awesome! :)

I bought one of the '15 Gold Top Less Plus P-90 models. It is a nice compliment to my '13 Custom Lite.

I love both of them!

djd100

For those looking for something similar size and weight-wise, but without the wide neck and figured top, I just picked up a 1996 The Paul II, which is solid, carved top, thin, belly cut etc, but no figured top, and I'm loving it (and it's my 5th LP, 69 with PAF's, 2002 chambered Studio, a Chisbon GT, and a LP Jr clone)! It's really comfortable to play, lightweight, with great upper fret access.

The Paul II's can be had for $450 - $650 (got mine for $450 via EBAY, but the previous owner was a low-pH sweat'er, so I had to replace the bridge, and drill out one of the pup mounting screws due to rust where his hand laid when he played it.