• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Greg Koch visited my home tonight and played the Bursts and other vintage Geetars

Minibucker

Greg_with_2_bursts_1.jpg
Thought he was sportin' a new hat there for a sec.

skhan007

I was thinking halo.

It's the Gibson halo of divine sainthood that is only bestowed upon players who are humorous and masterful.

Idea: Maybe Greg K. could post LPF exclusive lessons like JD and Joe B.!! Greg is such a great player.

MikeSlub

Administrator
Idea: Maybe Greg K. could post LPF exclusive lessons like JD and Joe B.!! Greg is such a great player.

That is the plan we are working on with Greg. He visits Wildwood once every month to shoot videos, so I've asked (and Greg has agreed) to do some videos of various vintage geetars from my stash or Steve Mesple's (Wildwood owner) stash, and post them on the LPF. :jim

The Les Paul Forum rules! :yah:salude

Vic DaPra

looks like a fun hang Mike...........really looking forward to your vids....thanks for sharing...:dude::dude:

FretsAlot

fwiw, Greg has many instructional vids/presentations on YT from gear conventions, etc where he gives a good rudimentary lesson in chicken picking w & w/o a pick, etc. I've recently rewatched some of those vids and am focusing my practicing on them, along with some Danny Gatton YT instructional vids.

If my teachers and professors in HS & college had been as entertaining as Greg, I think I'd been a 4.0 student all those years...

Fretsalot/Scott

Edit: forgot to say... congrats on the good hang, and good news on any future LPF participation by Greg! :dude:

Last edited:

Dothedew

That is the plan we are working on with Greg. He visits Wildwood once every month to shoot videos, so I've asked (and Greg has agreed) to do some videos of various vintage geetars from my stash or Steve Mesple's (Wildwood owner) stash, and post them on the LPF. :jim

That is nothing short of awesome! :salude

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
I swear I learn something from every single vid I see of Greg. His techique so so flawless & his tone so crisp it is easy to hear what he is doing. Not so easy to play, however.

mistersnappy

Just wow! To be a fly on the wall for that. Can't wait to see the videos! Thanks for this, Mike! :dude::dude:

DoubleBoogie

That is awesome news Mike!! :dude: I am really looking forward to them. By the way, are you short or is Greg actually a Wisconsin Sasquatch? :peace2

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeSlub

Administrator
That is awesome news Mike!! :dude: I am really looking forward to them. By the way, are you short or is Greg actually a Wisconsin Sasquatch? :peace2

Steve, last time I checked I was 5'10". I could be shrinking with old age or job pressures. :)

MikeSlub

Administrator
I swear I learn something form every single vid I see of Greg. His techique so so flawless & his tone so crisp it is easy to hear what he is doing. Not so easy to play, however.

Cogs, the coolest part also about last night is that not only was his playing flawless, he adapted to each guitar I handed him instantly, and immediately started playing songs that fit their genre. For example, I handed him a 1961 Fender Jazzmaster and surf tunes started flowing instantaneously. I handed him a 1952 Tele and country licks emanated. When I handed him one of the Bursts it was flawless Jimmy Page riffs in Zep tunes within seconds. I handed him a 1957 Les Paul Custom with their trademark low frets and it didn't affect his playing in the least. An amazing and gifted musician! :salude

Last edited:

FretsAlot

I remember Greg referencing himself in a video I watched yesterday as a 'mansquatch'...

Don

Wow! Looks like fun! Can't wait for the vids!

slimdave

Very nice! That must have been a great day for all the assistants at that hang.

shred

Greg's an awesome player :dude:

Congrats on a great night and thanks for sharing :salude