• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Broadcasters for sale?

troyad

I'm thinking about getting serious about my desire for a Broadcaster. Anyone know of ones for sale? Advice from owners appreciated.

troyad

I hadn't seen that one. I will have to call and get details...doesn't look too bad. Thanks!

moonweasel

troyad,

Is it just me or is the Low E string awful close to the edge of the fingerboard? Doesn't look like it is on the saddle in a funky way (where one could loosen the string and wiggle it over a bit), maybe a poorly cut nut?

troyad

Always hard to judge from photos but it does look a little close. Sometimes, with old guitars, you learn to adjust lol

Russ

If you are interested in a 100% original Nocaster from 8/51, let me know.
Russ

B

Banker

Get in touch with Nacho, he'll know what's available but not necessarily advertised.

roadrunner

I've owned one Broadcaster. Bought it from the original owner who walked it into a Dallas show in the mid '80's. I've seen a few more original ones, they're really rare guitars. There's some fakes out there, buyer beware.

troyad

Yep I had come across that one. I don't mind a body refin but would prefer original neck finish and for sure original pickups. I think that ones a little too changed out for $20k.

Y

yeti

I've seen/ played two Broadcasters so far, and they did sound great, mostly due to fairly strong PUs. having said that I think that early Telecasters are better guitars, regarding finish and weight. But of course that means little if you want a Broadcaster, I get that. Happy hunting.:jim

Marcel M

troyad,

Is it just me or is the Low E string awful close to the edge of the fingerboard? Doesn't look like it is on the saddle in a funky way (where one could loosen the string and wiggle it over a bit), maybe a poorly cut nut?

You can adjust this with bolt ons. You just loosen the screws and knock it into place. Wham bam Fender style!

251blckgrds

I'm thinking about getting serious about my desire for a Broadcaster. Anyone know of ones for sale? Advice from owners appreciated.
I've had two 1951 Fender guitars. An Esquire and a Tele. The Esquire is from April and the Tele was made in August. The Tele was a toneless plank so I sold it. The Esquire sings like a bird so I still have it. Less than 7#. Not all of these guitars were blessed with good tone. From what I've read the tooling got better as the orders came in and the early guitars had crooked holes and a ledge in the neck pocket. There are not many Broadcasters out there to be had but if I was going to pull the trigger on that much dough I would definitely want a trial period.

Last edited: