• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

J.D. Simo's first lesson produced exclusively for the Les Paul Forum!

Ed A

Great!!! Thanks J.D. and Charlie for getting this together.

Tridyed

I hope this doesn't cause a problem, if it does please let me know and I will remove the post.

Here is an MP3 of all the licks in his video. I just wanted something I can put in Riffstation and slow down his playing to where I could hear each part with out tuning down the parts. If you have riffstation then this works perfectly.

I assume no credit here, its all SIMO and the LP forums, I just wanted to share the playing parts so we can all learn more....

Hope this isn't a problem. right click and download the mp3

Enjoy ! :peace2

http://www.blackhazesquadron.org/images/Simo Lesson 1 gtr parts.mp3

joeh77

I admit to having become a bit obsessed with JD's playing in the past month or so. I've been following his blog, check out his stuff on this forum, and I just purchased "Simo" on iTunes.

So really glad to see this lesson, and I look forward to more to come. Also can't wait for the new release on Jan. 29!

Thanks JD!

Joe

Beano Geno

Has JD done any other LPF lessons, or was it one and done? I enjoy his stuff.

mistersnappy

Just found out about and bought tickets for his show in Dallas at the Granada (Sundown) on Feb 24th. Stoked to hear the old school tones! :salude:dude: