• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

my 68 goldtop

68goldtop eh!

my baby, pots date it as a late 68, I have owned it since about 1972 !
guitars004.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bad picture, but it is a small headstock.

Reno_1ted

my baby, pots date it as a late 68, I have owned it since about 1972 !
guitars004.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bad picture, but it is a small headstock.

No kidding on bad picture! :laugh2:

Such a beauty deserves some better snaps. :)

does it have a dotted i? What's the serial number? A lot of these with late 68 pots (50th week per chance?) are actually very early 69s. I have an early 69 myself with all the 68 features apart from the dotted i and control cavity. Superb guitars!!!! I think mine was one of the first with no dot.

Last edited:

Jeffrec

That's a beauty!

I had a '69 or 70, years ago (dark back). Foolishly pulled out the mini hums because they sucked, and had full sized humbuckers put in instead of P-90's. The headstock had been cracked and beautifully repaired by Jimmy D'Aquisto, after someone dropped it during a gig. Sold it for tuition one semester and have no idea where it is.

68goldtop eh!

only shot I have on this computer
has a dotted I serial # is 5179xx
I had a 70 deluxe at one point too. Not a pancake body, one piece neck, biggest volute I ever saw and I thought the mini humbuckers were the most flexible pickups I had,
could mimic full size HB's P90's and strat pickups quite well. But it was kind of a sole less instrument, maybe because it didn't seem to have its own voice, or maybe because people were getting turned off by the newer LPs