• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

12 String Electric

Telechamp

No one seems to have mentioned that Rics are strung with the octaves reversed which has a lot to do with the basic sound of the instrument.

I've owned a 60's Fender hockey stick and an MIJ Strat XII , both OK but if you want Byrds./ Petty they won't quite get there . I currently have a Ric V64 and a Petty 660, the V64 sounds better recorded but the 660 is easier to play , it's about 1/4" wider at the nut.

I used one of the $400 Danos recently and played and sounded great.

I recently bought one of the new 12-string Dano's (Cherry Sunburst Ltd Ed 12S) and I can verify that it does play and sound great!

IMG_0374copy_zps980b65e8.jpg

IMG_0380copy_zps41b2c05d.jpg

IMG_0360copy_zps1ba8fbb1.jpg

DMartini

that is a super nice Dano Telechamp!

the shade of sunburst reminds me of 1990's Rickenbacker Fireglo a little bit

Telechamp

that is a super nice Dano Telechamp!

the shade of sunburst reminds me of 1990's Rickenbacker Fireglo a little bit

Yes, I was thinking the same thing regarding the Cherry Sunburst finish on this one. It does remind me somewhat of the Ric's Fireglo finish ~

rockinlespaul

The replica on the right was originally a 12 string, but it just wasn't practical. Not to mention I couldn't find a decent case for it. The headstock was cut down, holes plugged and redrilled for a 6.

000_1892_zpstpgbbouf.jpg

gavindale

Bluesgunshells!

I have the exact same guitar! Unfortunately before I purchased it some idiot pulled the pickguard, got out their router and tore up half of the guitar to install some horrible humbuckers with throw switches instead of the original sliders and made a mess of it. :##

The thing is that the finish is original and in GREAT shape and it still has the original hardware. Even if I could find an original unbutchered pickguard and switches and pickups I think the idiots routed more wood then would be covered with the original layout.

It's great to see one in original condition. Take care of it and leave the router at work! :eek:la

garywright

Have never owned an electric (or acoustic) 12 string, but think the Rickenbacker hollowbody (Harrison/McGuinn) is the sound I'd seek if on the hunt. The Ricks I've played were easy to play and well balanced. get additional information on credit card validator before you buy

wacky stuff ...I did not know that !

zoommutt

Bluesgunshells!

I have the exact same guitar! Unfortunately before I purchased it some idiot pulled the pickguard, got out their router and tore up half of the guitar to install some horrible humbuckers with throw switches instead of the original sliders and made a mess of it. :##

The thing is that the finish is original and in GREAT shape and it still has the original hardware. Even if I could find an original unbutchered pickguard and switches and pickups I think the idiots routed more wood then would be covered with the original layout.

It's great to see one in original condition. Take care of it and leave the router at work! :eek:la

I have a Hagstrom too! Mine has the sliders replaced by switches and the bridge pickup replaced with humbucker. Repainted. She's a mess! But I've owned her almost 20 years.