• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Jaguars and Jazzmasters!

lure555

Swirling Vortex of Sound, Classic Club
About ten years ago Fender wasn't offering what I wanted, so I put together my own "Jazzmaster". I know the P90s aren't authentic, but... had they come out with the Sonic Youth models earlier I coulda saved myself some trouble.
My fave JM player is Kevin Shields from My Bloody Valentine.

Last edited:

Trans-Am

jerns bro? Hook me up with a JM like yours but with a rosewood FB?

Love the JM you have there man!:dude:

Peace!

Trans

jerns

jerns bro? Hook me up with a JM like yours but with a rosewood FB?

Love the JM you have there man!:dude:

Peace!

Trans

Well this one is (apparently) 1 of 30 made for the 30th anniversary of Fender Japan. The wood/finish/hardware combination I've never seen on another JM. Part of the special run was the maple neck/board so I don't think there's a RW board version available. I had to order this in from Japan as they weren't for sale over here.

Trans-Am

I see!..... There is one here locally an updated model for 2015 called Fender Standard Jazzmaster HH.

I might check this one out. Not worried where it's made really as long as it's to my liking and plays/sounds well as it looks.

Peace!

Trans

jerns

When I found out my Gretsch Duojet (Gretsch, not electromatic or synchromatic or whatever their "epiphone" line is called) was made in Japan it opened my eyes to the craftsmanship of the Japanese.... I've been pleased with Fender Japan so far (and they come in some pretty cool custom colors), but I'll still stick with the American strats.

ThePolecats

Forget the blues and forget rock and forget pop, this is my favorite application of the Jazzmaster guitr. The reason I bought a Olympic White JM was because of this band, the Astronauts and also Robert Smith of The Cure but more so The Astronauts. They were pictured with both Jaguars and Jazzmasters but never recorded with Jaguars, only Jazzmasters. Well the studio albums were all Jazzmasters but maybe live albums could have been Jaguars, not sure. But they were Jazzmaster people -

slimdave

Marc Ribot uses Jaguars once in a while. Great player, too.

And what about the guys from the National? Both twins play jazzmasters.