• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replica Les Pauls show em!!

Dishimyuh

Is it just me or is this terry Morgan ridiculously priced? Surely at £22k it better be a conversion. Last one I handled was £16k and I thought that was ridiculously priced especially considering it had BKs not even PAFs

https://reverb.com/uk/item/31829709-terry-morgan-1959-les-paul-replica

I have no idea ... but that’s a lot of cheese 🧀!

Terry does good work, really good work, and it's not easy to get on his list. That being said, I think that the seller is being optimistic.

Patek

The PAFs add a fair chunk to the bottom line...

ah yes. I think only 1 is PAF and 1 PAT

how much would they add (or take away) let’s say?

The last terry I tried was £16k without PAFs

and the one before that was £8k without PAFs.

Shame they both did not come with any documentation to explain the difference, other than verbally 1 was extremely old wood (100s of years).

Sioux

I recieved a guitar from TM Late 2019, It was £7000, as quoted. This is his standard price for a slightly aged guitar with high quality repro parts, old Mahogany wood, Braz board etc. I discussed the possibility of vintage parts but obviously this was going to add a considerable amount to the instrument so opted for the standard fare. These prices in shops are nothing to do with TM and He told me that the £22,000 guitar on reverb was made a couple of years ago for £7000. I did not have to pay one penny until I'd been to see and play the guitar to my satisfaction.

Patek

Didn’t take long for the seller to reduce it to £19,500 ! Still too much - conversion money

Patek

I recieved a guitar from TM Late 2019, It was £7000, as quoted. This is his standard price for a slightly aged guitar with high quality repro parts, old Mahogany wood, Braz board etc. I discussed the possibility of vintage parts but obviously this was going to add a considerable amount to the instrument so opted for the standard fare. These prices in shops are nothing to do with TM and He told me that the £22,000 guitar on reverb was made a couple of years ago for £7000. I did not have to pay one penny until I'd been to see and play the guitar to my satisfaction.

you recon the owner just upgraded the parts himself then and is now trying to make a huge profit ? I don’t think anyone will be paying £19.5k

Rockhard

This is my Stig owned since 2012 and around 12/13 years old just been told by you know who . Provenance and build sheet available . It's lovely but I'm selling as need cash . If any UK members interested pm me .

attachment.php

Rockhard

A lot of flame under the gold nice !

Thanks . Yes maker told me a good one to refinish as a burst . It's a two piece top and the seam could be slighty offset but should've checked when pickups changed . Seems the guy commissioned it wanted a Goldtop , it's measured up and cloned off an original .

Buzz

All Access/Backstage Pass
At first I was a bit erked about the nick in the middle of the 21st fret but I found out that it made really cool sounds when doing vibrato.

2C682776-0559-41D0-9806-CBEBA94B009D_1_201_a.jpeg

Wound_Up

Well I don't have a pic of mine just yet since I just ordered it today, but I'm super stoked so here's a stock pic so you can see just what it looks like. First thing I plan on doing is taking a "Duane Allman sleeping with his Goldtop" pic lol as seen below. The cutaway/horn is shaped a little different but it's not enough to make a difference to me. It's a little more pointy.

6103925.jpg

6103924.jpg

b3ecdbe3e171ded60822b554466b9191.jpg